Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"KIEV (Reuters) - A man shouting that God would keep him safe was mauled to death by a lioness in Kiev zoo after he crept into the animal's enclosure, a zoo official said on Monday."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060605/od_nm/ukraine_lion_dc

Proof of no god, or something else?

M
M
Proof that God knows whats best...?

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Proof that lions are not as stupid as god fearing men.

DA Morgan
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
if i remember the story correctly, god had a plan for the one that entered the lions den. appearantly god did not have any more use for this guy.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.
J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
Amaranth:

That is a bloody good story.

I suppose the ready answer is that the lioness was an atheist and did not fear the mad mans god. Or possibly the lioness did not understand the fools language and did not know god was invoked.

This may be the explanation of something they taught me in grammar school. ?Do not take gods name in vain?. The jumper did not understand that phrase either.

jjw

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
dehammer wrote:
"appearantly god did not have any more use for this guy."

Neither did the lion. And the lion obviously didn't care about the man's religious psychosis.

Seems to me I posted something about a similar occurance at another zoo last year. I think perhaps we have a way to solve the problem of an endangered species and helping our Christian brothers test their faith.

I propose that ALL self-proclaimed fundamentalist Christians test their faith ... preferably soon.

DA Morgan
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
get real. the lion had a lot more use for the man .. it was hungry, he was fool... i mean food.

J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
dehammer you are right on.

He was "fool food".

Sushi for tigers>

jjw

It's proof that if God exists, its nature is not as this man hypothesized.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
--S. Lewis
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
How right you are soilguy. If results are used as a test of intent ... he's always loved blood and gore.

DA Morgan
J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
I am curious Soilguy, do you think that the commenst of DA bore any relationship to what you commented?

Are we all speking the same language?
jjw

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
I am curious jjw004. What does this have to do with the topic.

And my statement relates specifically to soilguy's statement: "its nature is not as this man hypothesized." And I am in agreement. Some hypothesize a god of love and foregiveness while the true nature is one of blood and vengence.

DA Morgan
J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
Here is off topic:

Happy father's day DA.
jjw

Quote:
Originally posted by jjw004:
I am curious Soilguy, do you think that the commenst of DA bore any relationship to what you commented?

Are we all speking the same language?
jjw
Yes, but I wouldn't draw the same conclusion, necessarily.

If you want to consider the idea that there's a supreme creator of us all, evidence would make me reject the notion that it's got some parent-like relationship with us.

Suppose there was a relationship like that of a shepherd to his sheep, or a herdsman to his cattle. From the sheep perspective, the shepherd is a gore-loving tyrant. I don't think the shepherd would consider himself that way, though.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
--S. Lewis
A
A
this is proof of nothing more than that the guy was an idiot that doesn't (didn't now) understand either the book or the god of the book that he thought to call on

the age of the miraculous is a relic of the past

in their day, miracles were powerful, attention catching, and very real (including virgin birth, walking on water, and resurrection)

but that time has now gone by

god still works among us and cares for us individually but he now does so via his providence

snake handlers, tongue speakers, and bozos that invade lion territories calling on his name...beware

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
anyman wrote:
"but that time has now gone by"

Yeah. It ended with the invention of writing, printing, photography, and other methods by which truth can be reliably transferred between generations.

DA Morgan
A
A
Yeah. It ended with the invention of writing, printing, photography, and other methods by which truth can be reliably transferred between generations. --dano

not exactly...writing preceded the close of the miraculous era by more than a couple of millennia (actually several but the earlier evidence was probably lost in the flood...although some of adam's writings may have survived and been passed down to moses, but we probably won't be able to be sure about that until...that day)

printing ~1350yrs after the close of the that era

photography ~1700+yrs afterward

so no...you missed on all counts

none of those things was even mildly associated with the passing of that era...it was determined by the completion of the book at the end of the first century

the good news is...we all gonna know the truth one day coming

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
anyman wrote:
"not exactly...writing preceded the close of the miraculous era by more than a couple of millennia"

Yes and no. Writing among the power-elite existed. Writing was the sole providence of the princes and the priests. Women were not taught to read nor were the common folks. You might want to look at the demise of religious miracles juxtaposed with literacy rates.

DA Morgan
Quote:
Originally posted by anyman:
the age of the miraculous is a relic of the past

in their day, miracles were powerful, attention catching, and very real (including virgin birth, walking on water, and resurrection)

but that time has now gone by

god still works among us and cares for us individually but he now does so via his providence

snake handlers, tongue speakers, and bozos that invade lion territories calling on his name...beware
So you think magic was rampant a couple thousand years ago, but it's over now?

--S. Lewis
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
the same magic that existed then exist now. the difference is that christians began claiming it was the devils work. then they began to kill people who did it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.