Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 352 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I care. I've been editing DAM's posts for a while because I care. And I will continue to edit or delete posts which are uncivil in nature. Intelligent mature people are not driven off by one rude person. Therefore I must assume you are neither. If you are as mature and intelligent as you insist you are you are welcome to continue posting here.

Amaranth

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
its not always that easy to take the continual insult. granted he has been better at withholding the insult recently. But even mature, intelegent people get tired of them quicly.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.
T
Tim Offline
T
Have any of you ever heard of the kalam argument. Google "kalam argument" or "william Lane Craig"

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
a major problem with that theory is that the universe had a begining. the cyclic universe theories argue that there was no begining, therefore no god.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
The "kalam argument" is philosophical argument, not a scientific argument. It's not even very good philosophy.

This is a science forum.

B
B
Please, please can all of you highly educated experts use spell checker once in a while.Credibility goes out the window especially if you are trying to "pier" out of it.
bagpi.

People in glass houses should not throw stones.

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools!!
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Know ... well actually "No" but who's counting.

The point being that spell checking won't catch many things and TTBOMK this forum does not have a built in spellchecker.

That said your point is valid that we are entirely too sloppy.

DA Morgan
B
B
Did I just set myself up in an extremely fragile Glass House? I am only concerned that this interesting discussion regarding The Big Bong etc should go to pot due to a misunderstanding.
I find it helpful to cut & paste from Outlook Express etc, having done a rough spell check.I will follow the thread with interest before contributing my (tuppence )(colloquial spelling)worth regarding the discussion.
bagpi

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
unfortunately spell checkers dont spot the difference between peir (Prince Edward Island Regiment (Canadian Forces Reserve)), pier and peer.

im afraid im one of the sloppiest when it comes to writing. Even da will have to agree with me on this.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
bagpi wrote:
"this interesting discussion regarding The Big Bong etc should go to pot due to a misunderstanding."

I think you're just blowing smoke.

And yes dehammer I am in full agreement. And a grammar checker. But more than that a fact checker. You see to do well on non-science topics but every time we discuss science ... yech!

DA Morgan
B
B
OK jokes aside their has been much discussion elswhere regarding "The Final Theory" by Mark McCutcheon.He postulates that an ever expanding universe accounts for what we feel as gravity.I have trouble with this reasoning that, rather than gravity, the earth rushes up to meet a falling object. My problem apart from what happens to dohnuts?, is that adhering to that theory, why would a dropped object not just stay in place and get bigger along with the rest of the Universe.Im probably asking about a topic that is a whole load of old cobblers anyhow. Though I believe the current understanding to be that the Universe is expanding at an ever increasing rate, as per a balloon inflating, but more like a sponge released from compression.If true that the Universe is expanding, then it must be expanding from a point in time when it was highly compressed. Am I on the right track here?
bagpi

T
Tim Offline
T
i agree with that

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
McCutcheon, if your interpretation of what he wrote is correct, is hard of thinking. But having not read it myself that reaction may be quite premature.

It appears one must make a distinction between objects that are gravitationally bound, planets, stars, galaxies ... and objects that are not such as galaxy clusters.

DA Morgan
T
Megastar
Megastar
T

R
R
An alternative theory to the big bang:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/EinsteinGroupie

Modern day Finalized Reality is like a bus schedule - there'll be another one along shortly. Present day hypotheses are often perceived and presented as theories.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.