Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#14057 07/28/06 01:56 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
dehammer wrote:
"it was not an urban myth, it was what everyone believed was a fact."

Oh really? Where is even a shred of evidence that your statement is valid? Do you have a refernce?

I can easily provide evidence it is not:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth

You might want to look up the word "ignorance" in your copious spare time.
maybe im missing something, but i cant find anywhere where i said that they believed that at a particular time. as your link shows, it was believed up to a certain point, but was then disproved.

here is a quote from your proof that no one ever believed that the earth was flat:
Quote:
Belief in a flat Earth is found in humankind's oldest writings. In early Mesopotamian thought, the world was portrayed as a flat disk floating in the ocean, and this forms the premise for early Greek maps like those of Anaximander and Hecataeus.
I need not look up the definition of ignorance. all i have to do is look at someone who cant even give a link to prove his point without disproving it.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.
#14058 07/28/06 10:11 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Again no reference. YOYO!

DA Morgan
#14059 07/28/06 10:41 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
roflol. i gave your reference and you claim none? read your own links if you want to see where that came from. you posted it. why should i post a reference when yours proves my point. maybe you should learn to read your own references before using them as part of your arguement. most of your references disprove your points.

#14060 07/29/06 05:38 AM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Please see a doctor about your comprehension problem. The link does not support your contention when read in its entirety and taken in context.

I asked for link that supported what you wrote. Not one that contradicts it.

DA Morgan
#14061 07/29/06 06:03 AM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
please see a doctor about your inability to keep a thread of thought together. at no point did i ever say when people believed the world was flat, only that they did believe it at one point. your link specifically states that they did believe that at one point in the evolution of human understanding. therefore your link supports my position. Your position that it was only a urban myth that people believed that is not supported.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.