Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 388 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Switch Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Could scientists of the future be responsible for the origin of the universe?

(This would suggest that time-travel to the past is achievable.)

Switch :rolleyes:

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
By definition ... no.

DA Morgan
S
Switch Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Is it possible that 'past' scientists from a different universe are responsible for the origin of this universe?

If so, then why can't future scientists from this universe be responsible for the origin of this universe?

Looking forward to your reasons.

Switch :rolleyes:

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Because the invisible purple rhino told me it didn't happen that way.

In short ... it is not possible that the concrete curb in front of my house is a super-intelligent being from the planet Zork in the 19 1/2th dimension just because I posit it possible.

DA Morgan
J
J
What about scientists on another solar embraced planet conducive to life? Could they have placed some one celled organisms in a space capsule that luckily landed on earth and met an environment suited to their survival and growth?

~Justine~
No. It's always been clear to me that the future progeny of sasquatch, and his ol' pal yeti eventually come to dominate the planet, after our extinction. Their scientists, in turn, master time travel, go back to the beginning, and start creation.

Did I mention that this occurs in a parallel universe, and they started THIS universe? But I'm still pretty sure that OUR yeti go back in time to start THEIR universe.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
--S. Lewis
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Justine asks:
"What about scientists on another solar embraced planet conducive to life? Could they have placed some one celled organisms in a space capsule that luckily landed on earth and met an environment suited to their survival and growth?"

Yes they could have: But the chance that they did is inordinately small. Why? Because you can take this back "reductio absurdum" to the point where life had to begin at sometime somewhere ... and by natural means. Thus if it could happen by natural means there ... it could just as easily do so here. Which is precisely what it did.

There is a far higher liklihood that single cell organisms were blasted off of Mars in metroids and landed here than that anything was planted intentionally by anyone.

DA Morgan
J
J
Good point.... then we can apply "reductio absurdum" to the "do we exist in a computer program?" string, too.

Great explaination. thanks.

~Justine~
R
RM Offline
Superstar
Superstar
R
yes, that is why I was asking Blacknad to agree with me that if ever the concept of infinity is reached you can rule god out.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.