Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#13594 01/03/06 09:33 PM
P
P
Philege,

Does someone have to stop being a homosexual before they can be accepted by Christ?

Regards,

Blacknad.

If they have accepted Christ, they are expected to grow spiritually. In their growth the question will arise,is what I am doing right in my God's eyes. When the Holy Spirit makes them realise that this is not what God likes then they are expected over a time period of course to make every attempt to fight the sinful desires and they will succeed because being a man of faith I know God will give them strength to resist such desire. It is not easy, no anything sexual, masterbation;lust;sodomy;lechery are very difficult to give up. Ofcourse Christ accepts one as soon as one turns to Him, but he must likewise repent of his sins. I thing if you read 1st or 2nd Peter, he gived the prescription for spiritual growth and as can be seen it is a long diffcult road. Even Paul, late in his Chritianhood claimed he was failing (The thorn in his side) Apparently Venerable Bede was a terrible masterbater and tried for a long time to overcome this. But he was still called Venerable Bede, because at least he was trying to give it up. (But the devil kept making naked images of women appear before him to tempt him I presume.)

#13595 01/04/06 12:05 AM
B
Superstar
Superstar
B
Thanks Justine,

But I have probably inadvertently misrepresented my position.

I do believe that man was created for woman and woman for man. That is not to say that people who choose not to get married have taken a less valued path.

Philege,

Your last post was more humane and contained a greater degree of compassion and understanding of the plight of others.

I still think it is wrong to elevate homosexual acts above other human failings.

I am selfish a hundred times a day. Whenever I put my needs above those of my wife's, for instance. When I don't do my fair share of the household chores etc. or when I leave her struggling with our grouchy daughter because I am caught up in something.

If you want to define grades of sin, then in my eyes, this is far worse than two men engaging in sexual acts (as if this defines what it is to be gay). This is because my wife hurts when I ignore her needs, and I have been charged by God to always put her first -'And you husbands must love your wives with the same love Christ showed the church.' i.e. we must be willing to die for our wives.

In fact, saying 'I would die for my wife' is easy to say, but saying 'I will live for her' is so much harder.

So my behaviour is petty and at times, disgraceful, although I try.

Now would you call my behaviour demonically influenced as you would that of gays, (without Biblical basis)? I am weak enough in this instance to have no need to blame other external entities for my behaviour.

I would really dispense with grades of sin. Do you really think your crappiest behaviour is not detestable to a perfect God? And you have no excuse - you do that which you know you shouldn't do, as do I, yet God treats us with grace. Would you deny that grace to others who have never even wronged you? Or even to those who have wronged you?

No? Then try to be more compassionate and understanding, and refrain from judgemental statements like:

'such acts are demonic influences'

'The rest are certainly 'sick' mentally'

You cannot back up these statements and they appear to be very ignorant.

I believe, like you, that people (gay or not) have a need for Christ, and if they come to him he will accept them no matter what. It is then between them and him, as the author of their faith. At no point should we be standing on the sidelines hatefully judging people.

No wonder the church is hated (for the wrong reasons) because we, like the Pharisees, have become bitter, hate filled, judgemental hypocrites - we are the ones who should be ashamed of our actions.

Regards,

Blacknad.

P.S. The unforgivable sin is 'blasphemy of the holy spirit' and you should know what it is. It in no way leads to the belief that there are grades of sin.

#13596 01/04/06 02:02 PM
J
J
Blacknad,

No, you didn't misrepresent your position. It was nice to see homesexuals defended. Or at least shielded by a Christian. Christ would have done the same I suppose.

~Justine~
#13597 01/04/06 11:33 PM
P
P
Now would you call my behaviour demonically influenced as you would that of gays, (without Biblical basis)? I am weak enough in this instance to have no need to blame other external entities for my behaviour.

All bad behavior is demonically influenced. That is why most sin is commited under cover of darkness. It is just that we were discussing homosexuality that I only referred to it. Do you remember when Cain was contemplating killing Abel. God warned him that sin was crouching at his door. Jesus said that in the Last days, the devil would become 'as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.' Remember Judas when he left the room at the Last Supper, the scriptures state that satan entered into him. Satan took control of him and that's why Judas did what he did. He killed himself afterwards because he realised that he had done wrong.

I challenge you Blacknad, try very hard to follow God's Laws to the fullest and I guarantee you that Satan will raise his hand against you. Becuase like Jesus said satan would challenge even the very elect if it were possible. The you will realise that there is an influence. If satan is not bothering you, know verily that you are lukewarm. For my part I hear satan and his demons swearing and cursing when I pray. Daily they tempt me to do wrong. And even I am degenerating to lukewarm status.

still think it is wrong to elevate homosexual acts above other human failings.

At no point should we be standing on the sidelines hatefully judging people.

When did I state that I hate homosexuals and lesbians? I mentioned before that I have had homo friends. HoweverI do hate what they do, because it is highly offensive to God. Neither have I judged them. I instead felt pity because the legion of demons called 'Soddomy' have taken grip on them. So I feel compassion for them. By the way many 'pooftas' are very nice people and very talented and cover a broad range of personalities. I too have many failings which perhaps might de distastful to others. But it is my duty to try to stop such behavior in order to grow in Christ. Actually you are very judemental too. How dare you call me ignorant! Ignorant of dispising what my God despises. Shame on you!

#13598 01/04/06 11:40 PM
P
P
Blacknad,

Please do not misrepresent God with you own personal views, it is wrong to do so. Tell me does Christ actually speak to you? If so than ask Him whether your views are right and I am certain what the answer will be.

#13599 01/05/06 02:16 PM
J
J
I thought Christians were supposed to love each other, and spread the good news of Christ and demonstrate forgiveness, mercy, kindness, etc.

I see alot of this with Blacknad's posts and the opposite in Philiege's posts.

I don't remember Christ telling his people to argue over biblical text. And I don't remember him saying to harrass people based on who they love. I once heard a minister say that Christ said absolutely nothing on the topic of homosexuality at all.

Philege do you follow the Bible over Christ?

~Justine~
#13600 01/05/06 10:06 PM
P
P
I thought Christians were supposed to love each other, and spread the good news of Christ and demonstrate forgiveness, mercy, kindness, etc.

I see alot of this with Blacknad's posts and the opposite in Philiege's posts.

I don't remember Christ telling his people to argue over biblical text. And I don't remember him saying to harrass people based on who they love. I once heard a minister say that Christ said absolutely nothing on the topic of homosexuality at all.

Philege do you follow the Bible over Christ?

And now do you suppose that minister was right? Did Jesus not say that His new commandments that we love the Lord our God with all our hearts, minds, body and soul and our neigbour as ourselves hangs on all the Law and the prophets.
Therefore He is confirming that all that was written by the prophets and the Law are valid. Therefore if the Law states that 'For a man to lie with another man is an ABOMINATION unto the Lord what do you suppose that means? It is not that I am angry with Blacknad or that I dispise him. No, I seek only to assist him in his failings as he has attempted to assist me in mine, also hopefully to give a point of view that maybe might make a few atheists reconsider the Bible.
What is there to forgive Blacknad, am I able to forgive his sins? I can only guide him as he guides me. I have learnt a lot from him, he knows that. How is this harrassment. Blacknad did not say he agrees with homosexuality, he feels that it is not an issue in ones relationship with Christ, and I do. I am not trying to force this down his throat, He asked for my opinion and I gave him my answer, Did you want me to lie to him to make him feel good. Or do I not have the right to express what I believe to be the truth. I have even admitted that I have failings that maybe someone who is homosexual might say, well you are just as bad as me. I agree I do fail, but I will never stop trying not to sin against my God. I have suceeded in some and failed in others. Also do not forget I mentioned that I have homosexual friends whom I have been friendly to for years. It is not for me to judge them, I am just a sinner like them. But I will not fool them into making them think that what they do is okay with God.

Your last comment on whether I follow the Bible over Christ, I do not understand what you mean, Jesus is described as the 'Word of God' in the scriptures. Now what do you suppose that means. The Bible is His word. I try to follw it as best as I can. Even after many many failings.

#13601 01/06/06 01:51 PM
R
RM Offline
Superstar
Superstar
R
Moderators, Things on the origins board should still be -at least a little bit science-based. This origins board is being used as a religious forum ?use your special powers!!!

#13602 01/06/06 02:11 PM
J
J
I would say that if Jesus is described as the "Word of God" in the scriptures themselves, than it means His essence and His words take precident over all other men who wrote the Bible.

~Justine~
#13603 01/06/06 10:21 PM
P
P
Moderators, Things on the origins board should still be -at least a little bit science-based. This origins board is being used as a religious forum ?use your special powers!!!

Rob, why don't you go where you came in the other forum and bury your head in **** as usual!

#13604 01/07/06 05:59 AM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
You are asking the moderators to do something responsible like make scienceagogo actually, in some vague and mysterious way, relate to science? Surely you jest.

For years I have been of the opinion that Kate's only interest in this website is that she is a psych. student studying those that post here for her thesis. Surely if she had any real respect for science she would never permit the site to degenerate as it does.

You might want to sit back and consider the consequences that flow from a actions of lab rat that is fully conscious that its behaviour is being studied.

DA Morgan
#13605 01/07/06 04:27 PM
P
P
Check out populartruth.com-it explains everything you ever wanted to know about Christianity and then some-all on one page!

#13606 01/07/06 04:37 PM
B
Superstar
Superstar
B
Check out populartruth.com-it explains everything you ever wanted to know about Christianity and then some-all on one page!

I think you meant to write:

Check out populartruth.com - it misunderstands and over-simplifies everything you ever wanted to know about Christianity and then some-all on one page!

Regards,

Blacknad.

#13607 01/07/06 04:59 PM
P
P
Blacknad, It is one of my son's many websites. I just thought it was cute and truthful in an admittedly simplistic way. -Bonnie-(Gregg's wife)

#13608 01/07/06 09:21 PM
R
RM Offline
Superstar
Superstar
R
"Moderators, Things on the origins board should still be -at least a little bit science-based. This origins board is being used as a religious forum ?use your special powers!!!

Rob, why don't you go where you came in the other forum and bury your head in **** as usual!"

Philege, why don't YOU learn the importance of quotation marks?

#13609 01/07/06 10:24 PM
P
P
Oh Rob, you are such a poopoel! If you know someone from South Africa, ask them what that means.

#13610 01/07/06 10:25 PM
P
P
Philege, why don't YOU learn the importance of quotation marks?

I'm surprised you still have three stars, com'on guys, rate the fellow.

#13611 01/07/06 10:27 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Sorry Rob but there are some basic truths in the universe:

1. Death and taxes are inevitable.
2. The moderators at SAGG are not.

DA Morgan
#13612 01/07/06 10:32 PM
P
P
Sorry Rob but there are some basic truths in the universe:

1. Death and taxes are inevitable.
2. The moderators at SAGG are not.

That's funny coming from someone who hase wriiten lots of non-science stuff anyway. Or maybe our brain interprets everything as science. My what a brain. I think the moderators are fair and kind.
Oh and there's something else thats inevitable, D. A. Morgan will make a beastly remark about everyone and everything. Yarooooo!

#13613 01/08/06 05:13 AM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Oh I absolutely go off-topic frequently and intentionally with malice and aforethought. My goal ... to goad the moderators into actually doing something. So far I my attempts have been an abysmal failure. C'est dommage!

DA Morgan
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.