Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
Philege wrote:
"If one reads the Koran one can see that there is something very different between it and the Bible."

Yep ... one was written in one language the other in another language. Both are celebrations of one and the same GOD and a religion originating with one and the same man. You want to claim your version is more correct than theirs have at it. GOD made far more of them than he did you and your kind. And certainly GOD has shown them favor as he instructed all to be fruitful and multiply and they've done one heck of a good job of following the rule.

Philege also wrote:
"Also Mohammed cannot even be compared with Jesus, because he was a sinner and an ordinary man who married and for many years was a heathen."

And your source for this information is? Provide me with verifiable information. Sources that can be verified. Not authorless books written in a language you can not read and intentionally mistranslated repeatedly. Give me facts or admit you are just making it all up.

Then Philege wrote:
"Oh so you thought I was leaving, I meant that I would not read any more of your tripe"

But you didn't. You lied. Lying is a sin. You are a sinner. Go confess you sins.

Then Philege wrote:
"Don't forget that God introduced a New Covenant through His Son Jesus. Above relates to the Old covenant."

New Covenant? You mean what he did before was wrong? He made a mistake? He was at one time an evil bloodthirsty monster but he got into a 12 step program and reformed?

How can a perfect deity change its mind except to admit its lack of perfection?

You'd think a real GOD would have other than fools for minions.

DA Morgan
P
P
Philege also wrote:
"Also Mohammed cannot even be compared with Jesus, because he was a sinner and an ordinary man who married and for many years was a heathen."

Ask any Moslem, or purchase the Koran, the whole story is in there. Use your blinking internet, type Mohamed in G-O-O-G-L-E or read Rushdies 'Satanic Verses'

P
P
Then Philege wrote:
"Oh so you thought I was leaving, I meant that I would not read any more of your tripe"

But you didn't. You lied. Lying is a sin. You are a sinner. Go confess you sins.

I have the free will to change my mind as I see fit. You are not my fairy God father to tell me what I can or cannot do. Besides I was responding to what you wrote, you did ask some questions didn't you? Yes I am a sinner, a repentant one.

P
P
New Covenant? You mean what he did before was wrong? He made a mistake? He was at one time an evil bloodthirsty monster but he got into a 12 step program and reformed?

No [content deleted], the first covenant was only for the Jews, the second covenant is for every one, unfortunately even for you.

D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
Philege:
I have read Rushdie but I have my own opinion. Do you have one or am I talking to a parrot?

Philege wrote:
"You are not my fairy God father to tell me what I can or cannot do."

Come now ... just a few days ago you told me I was powerful enough to have personally created smallpox. Then you were begging others to join your hate-filled tirade to condemn me in the name of GOD. You can't have it both ways. While I am not your fairy GOD father I am the invisible purple rhinoceros.

Philege wrote:
"the first covenant was only for the Jews, the second covenant is for every one, unfortunately even for you."

Can someone get Philege a synapse or two. You mean GOD had one set of rules for thousands of years for Jews and woke up one morning and decided to create another set of conflicting rules for Indians, Azeris, Turks, and Afrikaaners? Wow!

Did he or did he not slaughter everyone on the planet including newborn infants?

Did he or did he not create smallpox?

Your hypocrisy is seemingly boundless?

DA Morgan
P
P
Can someone get Philege a synapse or two. You mean GOD had one set of rules for thousands of years for Jews and woke up one morning and decided to create another set of conflicting rules for Indians, Azeris, Turks, and Afrikaaners? Wow!

Okay Mr.purple rhinoceros, I'll explain a thing or two. The Jews were chosen by God to be rulers of this earth. There was a condition set to this. If the Jews followed God's laws given through Moses they would inherit the kingdom, however if they did not they would lose everything which would then be given to others. Also don't forget there are many other false religions now don't pretend you know that your master 'Uncle Lucy'is the one who set these up to confuse mankind not God. God is wonderful for me, I don't know about you who abides in darkness. Everytime you say something bad about my God my faith multiplies hundredfold. In fact I am glad to have been part of this forum, because it has helped my spirituality to grom immensely. Thanks for tempering my faith Mr. Morgan, please keep it up, its fantastic. Alleluiah!!!!!!!!!

P
P
Did he or did he not slaughter everyone on the planet including newborn infants?

Did he or did he not create smallpox?

Your hypocrisy is seemingly boundless?

Who are we to question God's judgement. He sent His angels to see who was worthy to survive in a wicked and evil society. (Remember the pigeon toes)and He was prepared to spare mankind if a certain number could be found. The occupiers of the earth at that time were no ordinary men. The were mixtures of the fallen angels and mankind. Therefore their wickedness was incalculable. That is why they were destroyed. You have no right to question God's actions since you are His creation, He can do whatever He wants with you, for you totally belong to him.

D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
You really are trying to become the poster child for willfull ignorance aren't you.

You actually wrote:
"Ask any Moslem, or purchase the Koran, the whole story is in there. Use your blinking internet, type Mohamed in G-O-O-G-L-E or read Rushdies 'Satanic Verses'"

When, in fact, you have been so lazy as to never do any of them. I have read Rushdie. I have read the Qran, though not in Arabic, and I have rarely met a person lazier or more willfully ignorant than you that wasn't addicted to heroin or crack cocaine.

You've read some commentary on the book. Wonderful. And the people you work with likely know as much about their religion as you do about yours. Got your opinions of your authorless book from what someone else told you it meant too.

But the prize comment is:
"but then we are discouraged from reading material which would question our faith"

No doubt about it. You definitely do not want to open your mind to the possibility that there are other interpretations of anything. Your GOD is so weak and shallow that reading a book might turn you into a godless heathen. Considering that your source of information might be flawed is a one-way ticket straight to H, E, Double-Toothpicks. Keep the blinders on. Only listen to what we tell you. We are right and they are wrong. We are good and they are bad. We are white and they are black. Don't let anything get close enough to the brainwashing ... it might not hold. We are superior and know everything and everyone that disagrees with us is on satan's payroll with healthcare and full retirement benefits.

Do you belong to a church or a cult? Don't bother responding. The question was purely rhetorical.

BTW: Things are not going well at the Fred Hutch. Pray harder. Your GOD is ignoring you and a small child is dying a very painful death. If your faith can't save the life of an infant with cancer ... what can it do? Sorry to intrude with reality. Repeat after me la la la la la I'm not listening la la la la la.

DA Morgan
D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
Philege wrote:
"Well I told you that I need the name of the child in order for my prayers to work and you would not supply them. So blame yourself."

Your arrogance and hypocrisy rise to a new level. Your GOD is so impotent he needs a name? Would a photograph help? How about a copy of the birth certificate and the father's cell phone number. But the classic: "Blame yourself."

Excuse me but I didn't create cancer: Your GOD did.
Excuse me but I didn't give the child the cancer: Your GOD did.
Excuse me but I'm not the one claiming to be the most powerful force in the universe: Your GOD did.
Excuse me but I'm not the one causing the painful death of an innocent young child: Your GOD is!

Then Philege wrote:
"I guess you were scared that the truth might be revealed to you!"

The only thing that scares me is people that are brainwashed. You sir are truly frightening. It is your kind that starts and participates in holy wars. It is your kind that burns people at the stake. It is your kind that is filled with intolerance and hatred. And when it comes to fear ... read what you've written about yourself ... you are afraid to read Rushdie.

Then Philege demonstrated the power of Jesus Christ running through his veins when he wrote:
"Catch a crap Morgan!" No commentary is required here methinks. Back to the confessional.

Philege wrote:
"Faith baby, that's all I need!"

Remember that the next time you get an infection. Remember that the next time you are thinking about an appointment at the dentist. Remember that the next time you flip a light switch or look at a computer or drink uncontaminated water. The only thing reaching the level of heaven in your presence is the height of the hypocrisy.

You a Catholic? Not a chance. The Catholic church does not discourage its followers from reading books. The Catholic church does not teach that one should be wilfully ignorant. The Catholic church does not sanction the kind of hatred and vitriol that fills your heart.

Of course along with the Inquisition I guess there is one other little insult to human intelligence the Catholic church has wrought. The declaration by a pope that Capybara is a fish.

For those that don't know about this sick little joke: http://www.bio.davidson.edu/people/vecase/behavior/Spring2002/Willoughby/other.html
it does go to show the fact that Philege apparently is honoring a long history of hypcrisy.

I think I'd like you more if you were an alcoholic. For alcoholics there are 12 step programs. People like you hiding behind the cassocks of the church remind me of the child abusers too who claimed to be good Catholics.

Perhaps though I should print what you've posted here at SAGG and show it to the priest at our local church. I'm sure he'd be most amused at what you have done in the church's name.

DA Morgan
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Philege:
...I do not hate you Mr. Morgan, but I hate the vile filth which oozes from the depths of your soul. Your blasphemous rants cannot go unchecked. While other's may be cowards in defending the faith, I will strive to defend the faith against, spiritual verminous taunts like the ones emitted from you. You really don't know who you are dealing with....
As Moderator,
May I remind you that this is a Science forum. This ranting has nothing to do with Science. If all you can do is rant and rave and post thinly veiled threats like this I will have to take action.

This is a place for civil discussion of Science, not religion. Please observe the rules of the Forum and stick to Science and Science-related subjects.

Amaranth

D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
Well done. Thank you.

DA Morgan
B
Superstar
Superstar
B
Philege - "In fact I am glad to have been part of this forum, because it has helped my spirituality to grom immensely."

- Unfortunately the same cannot be said for your humility, gentleness of spirit, and sense of proportion.

I sometimes feel slighted by Dan's comments, but at least they are consistent with what he believes. The same cannot be said of your profanities, insults and arrogant gloating and posturing. These are certainly not consistent with the scriptural teachings I know.

Maybe you read it differently and I have missed something. If you can point me to the verse that tells you to 'verbally beat people until they agree with you' I would be grateful. Because until then I will continue to feel that you do Christianity a bigger disservice than Dan ever can.

People on this website have just about had a bellyful of ignorant Christians throwing their weight around.

Oh, and E = mc^2 - thought I'd better get some science in somewhere.

Blacknad.

P
P
I think I'd like you more if you were an alcoholic. For alcoholics there are 12 step programs. People like you hiding behind the cassocks of the church remind me of the child abusers too who claimed to be good Catholics.

P
P
Oh, and E = mc^2 - thought I'd better get some science in somewhere. What a load!

I sometimes feel slighted by Dan's comments, but at least they are consistent with what he believes. The same cannot be said of your profanities, insults and arrogant gloating and posturing. These are certainly not consistent with the scriptural teachings I know.

Yes Blacknad,

It's funny that you give no response when I say something good, like when I apologised to you, you would not accpet my apology, so don't go pointing your crooked finger at me acting like you are a perfect christian. Your view on homosexuality and the like show me what sort of christian you are. I told you about removing the fat log from your eye before you start taking out the smote from my eye.

As for Aramanth, how come you never comment on D. A. Morgan's persistent insults which are also not science related. How am I threatening Dan by telling him that the God he is insulting is one he does not know whom he is dealing with.

Anyway for something science related, even intelligent Einstein at least beleived in God.

P
P
You a Catholic? Not a chance. The Catholic church does not discourage its followers from reading books. The Catholic church does not teach that one should be wilfully ignorant. The Catholic church does not sanction the kind of hatred and vitriol that fills your heart.

Ask you local priest if it's alright to read Jehovah's Witness Material, you'll see what I mean.

Did I say I was a good Catholic, ofcourse according to you I am a bad Catholic, well you are a very bad and wicked atheist, the most vile I have encountered, not an ounce of decency and respect for that which you don't understand. And surprisingly you get support from a warped christian. I repeat that I do not hate you as a person, but I hate what you write especially about God. And I will never fail to defend Him on a forum such as this. My only regret is that I let my anger forsake my aims and I fail by writing what I should not. For that I am trully sorry.

Anyway here is a little story for you.

There was once an athieistic professor at Harvard university, who was arguing with a christian student about the existence of God. He then took a new piece of chalk and said to his students. "To prove there no God, I am going to drop this piece of chalk on the floor, and if it does not break I will believe that God exists." The christian student then asked the professor if he could first pray before he dropped the chalk. "Be my guest! Pray all day if you want." The student went on his knees and prayed, " Heavenly Father, Please show this man that you do trully exist, not for my sake but for his sake." After the student finished praying The professor let the piece of chalk go, at that precise moment a small wind blew against the professor's gown. It cause the gown to flip outwards and catch the chalk, cushioning it's fall and making it roll harmlessly on to the floor, not a speck or flake of chalk was released. The professor was shocked and awed and immediately went on his knees to acknowledge and worship God. Howzat! Mr. Morgan Sir!

P
P
The Catholic church does not sanction the kind of hatred and vitriol that fills your heart.

Let the Catholic Church read what you are writing about God and I am sure they would wish the Inquisition was still around to deal with you.

B
Superstar
Superstar
B
Philege,

I find it incredible that you define a Christian by his or her view on gays. Classing gays as mentally sick and demonic is not a part of any Christian creed that I have encountered.

I have not challenged your Christian status, just your behaviour. But I will leave you to it, as you're correct - on reflection, I am being holier-than-thou.

And your right, Einstein did believe in God, and had special regard for Christ...

This is clearly reflected in an interview which Einstein later in life gave to an American magazine, The Saturday Evening Post, in 1929:

"To what extent are you influenced by Christianity?"

"As a child I received instruction both in the Bible and in the Talmud. I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene."

"Have you read Emil Ludwig's book on Jesus?"

"Emil Ludwig's Jesus is shallow. Jesus is too colossal for the pen of phrasemongers, however artful. No man can dispose of Christianity with a bon mot."

"You accept the historical Jesus?"

"Unquestionably! No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life." 7

In view of this interview it is understandable that Einstein is reported to have said that Christ Jesus was the greatest of all Jews.

Blacknad.

P
P

Are you saying that there are no atheist child abusers. I am certain that these far outnumber Catholic ones. There is no area of society where one does not find child abusers. This by the way comes again from the wicked one.

P
P
I find it incredible that you define a Christian by his or her view on gays. Classing gays as mentally sick and demonic is not a part of any Christian creed that I have encountered

Of this I am wrong to judge, humble apologies!

B
Superstar
Superstar
B
Apology accepted wink

Blacknad.

Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.