Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
B
Superstar
Superstar
B
Philege - "In fact I am glad to have been part of this forum, because it has helped my spirituality to grom immensely."

- Unfortunately the same cannot be said for your humility, gentleness of spirit, and sense of proportion.

I sometimes feel slighted by Dan's comments, but at least they are consistent with what he believes. The same cannot be said of your profanities, insults and arrogant gloating and posturing. These are certainly not consistent with the scriptural teachings I know.

Maybe you read it differently and I have missed something. If you can point me to the verse that tells you to 'verbally beat people until they agree with you' I would be grateful. Because until then I will continue to feel that you do Christianity a bigger disservice than Dan ever can.

People on this website have just about had a bellyful of ignorant Christians throwing their weight around.

Oh, and E = mc^2 - thought I'd better get some science in somewhere.

Blacknad.

P
P
I think I'd like you more if you were an alcoholic. For alcoholics there are 12 step programs. People like you hiding behind the cassocks of the church remind me of the child abusers too who claimed to be good Catholics.

P
P
Oh, and E = mc^2 - thought I'd better get some science in somewhere. What a load!

I sometimes feel slighted by Dan's comments, but at least they are consistent with what he believes. The same cannot be said of your profanities, insults and arrogant gloating and posturing. These are certainly not consistent with the scriptural teachings I know.

Yes Blacknad,

It's funny that you give no response when I say something good, like when I apologised to you, you would not accpet my apology, so don't go pointing your crooked finger at me acting like you are a perfect christian. Your view on homosexuality and the like show me what sort of christian you are. I told you about removing the fat log from your eye before you start taking out the smote from my eye.

As for Aramanth, how come you never comment on D. A. Morgan's persistent insults which are also not science related. How am I threatening Dan by telling him that the God he is insulting is one he does not know whom he is dealing with.

Anyway for something science related, even intelligent Einstein at least beleived in God.

P
P
You a Catholic? Not a chance. The Catholic church does not discourage its followers from reading books. The Catholic church does not teach that one should be wilfully ignorant. The Catholic church does not sanction the kind of hatred and vitriol that fills your heart.

Ask you local priest if it's alright to read Jehovah's Witness Material, you'll see what I mean.

I think I'd like you more if you were an alcoholic. For alcoholics there are 12 step programs. People like you hiding behind the cassocks of the church remind me of the child abusers too who claimed to be good Catholics.

Did I say I was a good Catholic, ofcourse according to you I am a bad Catholic, well you are a very bad and wicked atheist, the most vile I have encountered, not an ounce of decency and respect for that which you don't understand. And surprisingly you get support from a warped christian. I repeat that I do not hate you as a person, but I hate what you write especially about God. And I will never fail to defend Him on a forum such as this. My only regret is that I let my anger forsake my aims and I fail by writing what I should not. For that I am trully sorry.

Anyway here is a little story for you.

There was once an athieistic professor at Harvard university, who was arguing with a christian student about the existence of God. He then took a new piece of chalk and said to his students. "To prove there no God, I am going to drop this piece of chalk on the floor, and if it does not break I will believe that God exists." The christian student then asked the professor if he could first pray before he dropped the chalk. "Be my guest! Pray all day if you want." The student went on his knees and prayed, " Heavenly Father, Please show this man that you do trully exist, not for my sake but for his sake." After the student finished praying The professor let the piece of chalk go, at that precise moment a small wind blew against the professor's gown. It cause the gown to flip outwards and catch the chalk, cushioning it's fall and making it roll harmlessly on to the floor, not a speck or flake of chalk was released. The professor was shocked and awed and immediately went on his knees to acknowledge and worship God. Howzat! Mr. Morgan Sir!

P
P
The Catholic church does not sanction the kind of hatred and vitriol that fills your heart.

Let the Catholic Church read what you are writing about God and I am sure they would wish the Inquisition was still around to deal with you.

B
Superstar
Superstar
B
Philege,

I find it incredible that you define a Christian by his or her view on gays. Classing gays as mentally sick and demonic is not a part of any Christian creed that I have encountered.

I have not challenged your Christian status, just your behaviour. But I will leave you to it, as you're correct - on reflection, I am being holier-than-thou.

And your right, Einstein did believe in God, and had special regard for Christ...

This is clearly reflected in an interview which Einstein later in life gave to an American magazine, The Saturday Evening Post, in 1929:

"To what extent are you influenced by Christianity?"

"As a child I received instruction both in the Bible and in the Talmud. I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene."

"Have you read Emil Ludwig's book on Jesus?"

"Emil Ludwig's Jesus is shallow. Jesus is too colossal for the pen of phrasemongers, however artful. No man can dispose of Christianity with a bon mot."

"You accept the historical Jesus?"

"Unquestionably! No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life." 7

In view of this interview it is understandable that Einstein is reported to have said that Christ Jesus was the greatest of all Jews.

Blacknad.

P
P

Are you saying that there are no atheist child abusers. I am certain that these far outnumber Catholic ones. There is no area of society where one does not find child abusers. This by the way comes again from the wicked one.

P
P
I find it incredible that you define a Christian by his or her view on gays. Classing gays as mentally sick and demonic is not a part of any Christian creed that I have encountered

Of this I am wrong to judge, humble apologies!

B
Superstar
Superstar
B
Apology accepted wink

Blacknad.

D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
Philege wrote:
"As for Aramanth, how come you never comment on D. A. Morgan's persistent insults which are also not science related."

Actually my comments are science related. Science, at its essence, is about the scientific method. About things that are verifiable and repeatable. I offer commentary that is verifiable and repeatable and do so to clearly demonstrate the distinction between science and people that throw around four letter words and vague promises from authorless books. Hope that helps.

Philege wrote:
"How am I threatening Dan by telling him that the God he is insulting is one he does not know whom he is dealing with."

Amazing. Just a few column inches later you wrote:
"Let the Catholic Church read what you are writing about God and I am sure they would wish the Inquisition was still around to deal with you."

And you don't see that as a threat? Have you gone off your medication? The Roman Catholic church has apologized for it and has been deeply saddened and embarrased by it ... and you haven't got a clue.

Philege wrote:
"I repeat that I do not hate you as a person, but I hate what you write especially about God."

Hate is hate is hate. You seemingly are consumed by it. Draw a line with a pencil if you wish ... but I expect to be reading about you in the newspaper given your inability to control yourself.

Philege wrote:
"Are you saying that there are no atheist child abusers. I am certain that these far outnumber Catholic ones."

Actually this is not true. Studies conducted by the Catholic church and released as part of court cases indicated that the level of abuse by priests was significantly higher than that in the general public. But then you probably wouldn't know about it as the study wasn't sanctioned reading.

Bladnad ... do you know Philege personally or are you just responding to what is posted here? I have taken a copy of Philege's postings to the priest at St. Monica's here where I live and he was, quite frankly, shocked that any catholic would have, or could have, written this vitriol. Not just the parts for which he apologizes above but his wholesale misrepresentations of church doctrine. If you know him ... you might want to have a talk with him about asking for help.

DA Morgan
P
P
Bladnad ... do you know Philege personally or are you just responding to what is posted here? I have taken a copy of Philege's postings to the priest at St. Monica's here where I live and he was, quite frankly, shocked that any catholic would have, or could have, written this vitriol. Not just the parts for which he apologizes above but his wholesale misrepresentations of church doctrine. If you know him ... you might want to have a talk with him about asking for help.

What lies, and did you tell the priest what you wrote, and did he smile about it. If he did then he is a funny priest, especially after you accused his kind of being the worst child abusers. Also what help do I need? I thought you don't believe in God? Did you tell the priest why I was enraged by your foul, filthy verminous,vile and blasphemous remarks about God. I am sure that if you did he would recommend that you need help, not me. Sincerely Morgan, you don't have to try to get me excommunicated by reporting me. Please give me the address of this priest so I can send a full report about the bad, wicked, satanical remarks you made about his God. That is fair isn't it after all you squealled about me don't you think that a little squeal about you is all in order. Typical of satan's agent trying to influence poor Blacknad who actually influenced me to turn to God more to agree with his horrid opinions. Blacknad is an intelligent and good writer. Its's a pleasure to read his well balanced arguments. It's a pity he lends you his ears, or is it eyes however I realise that this is because he is a good christian from whom I can learn a lot. Actually Morgan you are a hypocrite, because you actually went to the priest, someone you believe is wasting his time serving God after all you wrote. You are a worse hypocrite than I'll ever be, shame on you.

P
P
Actually this is not true. Studies conducted by the Catholic church and released as part of court cases indicated that the level of abuse by priests was significantly higher than that in the general public. But then you probably wouldn't know about it as the study wasn't sanctioned reading.

Another bunch of fibs, recently the Jehovahs Witnesses had a terrible scandal involving child abuse which made the Catholics look like saints, what about the Mormon Church, one cannot count the number of child abuses which took place within that church from it's inception. Come now Morgan don't think only you know everything. Read the newspapers, almost everyday atheistic abusers are caught. Much much more than the Catholics, your story about a Catholic report is rubbish, yes there have been a few bad priests, but then there were also many good ones. I grew up in a Catholic orphange and can tell you that none of the children were abused as far as I can remember.

P
P
Hate is hate is hate. You seemingly are consumed by it. Draw a line with a pencil if you wish ... but I expect to be reading about you in the newspaper given your inability to control yourself.
Now what is this suppose to mean, would you go that far Mr. Morgan.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Philege:

Another bunch of fibs, recently the Jehovahs Witnesses had a terrible scandal involving child abuse which made the Catholics look like saints, what about the Mormon Church, one cannot count the number of child abuses which took place within that church from it's inception. ...
Do you have any references to back up these contentions, or are you just blowing out? Please post any references you have to these statements as I know from prior experience you tend to overstate your position rather egregiously.

C
C
Just to back up philege, check out these sites

pressbox.co.uk/detailed/Society/Jehovah_Witnesses_Child_Abuse_Scandal... - 11k

Z
Z
You must be thinking of a different God. Who said that God had to intervene in everything.
What would be the point of that?

Z
Z
There is an interesting website on the shroud of Turin (Believed to be the buriel cloth of christ) for whoever is interested.

http://www.shroudstory.com/

D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
Zork wrote:
"Who said that God had to intervene in everything."

Zork ... find a single statement I made that indicates I would want god, were such an entity to exist ... to intervene.

That theoretical god created smallpox, malaria, TB, leukemia, polio, diptheria, AIDS, .... I don't want intervention. I'd like an explanation: A justification ... for an act of pure evil.

The Shroud of Turin was determined to be a fraud by the Roman Catholic Church. That's good enough for me. Funny thing about the site you linked to ... not a single mention of the scientific examination of the cloth. But if you're interested I have a waffle in my freezer that has the image of the Virgin Mary on it.

DA Morgan
Z
Z
If you even cared to look, you would see that there have been numerous scientific tests that have been carried out on the shroud. (Forensically tested, Carbon 14 dating, Chemical Analysis, UV photograph analysis, Photomicrograph Analysis - all shown on website), the shroud has been heavily scrutinized.
A bungle that scientists made was testing only a small fragment of the shroud-- seemed like rushed job to me (How conclusive can you get?). What methodology did they use? Did you know that they reasessed the shroud. But rather than just looking at a single piece they tested several other pieces of the shroud, and found that the shroud is much older- in fact just around AD.

(This is a lesson for science-
It is just one of many examples of how scientists can make mistakes - By using flawed techniques, looking at one part, but failing to see the whole)---Your narrow mind is mind boggling son! (OPEN YOUR EYES AND MIND- You only see half-the truth)

I ask you this question, and this alone. Can you explain to me WHY disease started? Not HOW? but WHY? What was the root cause? Please give me a valid explanation? If I get one I will no longer post any further comments on this online forum.

D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
Zork wrote:
"all shown on website"

Let me remind you that the web site you referenced is shroudstory.com.

What lack of critical thinking skills would make you think that a website run be religious zealots and dedicated to promoting the shroud would be a reliable source of information?

Do you get your news about politics from Karl Rove? Do you get your nutrition new from the fine people that make Twinkies?

DA Morgan
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.