Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#12715 10/15/05 05:08 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
dvk: Have you considered counselling?

DA Morgan
#12716 10/17/05 04:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once I had...
He said your are responding correctly.It is natural.

#12717 10/17/05 04:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dkv: With all the opportunities this board affords for making corrections to posts before they go up, I should think you could at least make yourself understood in plain English. Your last statement:
"Once I had...
He said your are responding correctly.It is natural."
makes absolutely no sense at all. "Once I had..." has no preceding referent, and neither do "He" and "your" in the second statement. Who or what is "He" and whose "your" are you referencing?

As moderator I must suggest that you be clearer in your posts on Science-a-go-go or I will begin deleting them for the nonsense they are. Not only are you way off the topic of Science, you are descending into "nonsense" and I prefer you to curb your behavior. Keep Science-a-go-go for the discussion of Science; don't turn it into "Philosophy-a-go-go" or "Nonsense-a-go-go", please.

#12718 10/17/05 05:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it creating such a mess ? I never new that (oops knew)...I have already apologized for it many times.And when I speak thru heart I hardly care for for my audience ... thats very arrogant of me but thats how I am.
=====================================
As moderator I must suggest that you be clearer in your posts on Science-a-go-go or I will begin deleting them for the nonsense they are.
REP Go ahead and delete me(or my posts) I hardly care.. someone said I was entertaining the crowd... at least let me do that.
======================
Not only are you way off the topic of Science, you are descending into "nonsense" and I prefer you to curb your behavior.
REP What Non-Sense... ?Take my topics to any Knowledgeable person and I assure you that I will answer as many times as he wants(provided he asks) which be sensible to him. You see it all depends on the Gray Matter...or White Matter (just in case ... i look biased.)
=======================================
Keep Science-a-go-go for the discussion of Science; don't turn it into "Philosophy-a-go-go" or "Nonsense-a-go-go", please.
REP:Lets have a vote. Lets see what the crowd says.This is no hacking .. it is serious and to the point (with emotions occasionally for a good taste)

#12719 10/18/05 02:54 AM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
dkv:

The point of communication is to communicate. That requires using a common language with clearly defined terms, grammar, verbiage, spelling, and lucid thoughts.

It is also pretty much what we expect from children over the age of 2.

DA Morgan
#12720 10/18/05 04:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Morgan ,
You always make the discussion spicy...
I love spicy food.
Carry on.

Occasionally I also expect you to ask something more sensible and useful.That will introduce us to your serious part as well.

#12721 11/25/05 07:29 PM
J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
DA Morgan
Member # 5

dkv: Have you considered counselling?
--------------------
DA Morgan

dkv
Reply:

Once I had...
He said your are responding correctly.It is natural.

My interpretation:

dky, "Once I had" tried counseling.
"He siad", the counselor, dkv, "your responding correctly. It is natural" -your response.

It is very possible that there is no interest in understanding what some members are saying. It may also provide a ready means for ridicule, but that does not mean it is gibberish.
jjw

#12722 11/29/05 06:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
very much true.
So what is Life ?
I hope you have got your answer by now.
And if you know this fact .. then how can you utilize this information to make your life a better one..?(if it is not already)

#12723 12/19/05 08:33 PM
J
J
Everything is inter-related. If everything in the universe contributes to life or the life cycle. And life moves forward in complexity, and if your brain is the most complicated piece of life in the Universe. And thought is the product of your brain. Than thought must be the meaning of life. Hense life is thought.

~Justine~
#12724 12/21/05 09:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Justine I must say you have made an interesting observation.
"life is a thought."
Somewhere while discussing I had expressed similar views.I had said "Thought appears to carry properties of Life"
Lets put it a proper framework.
All the techonological and scientific developments can be related to the desire of finding some answers which are just not relevant to Majority of the inhabitants !! (Which include Planets , Stars, Electrons etc.)
Assume that the Question "What is Universe?" or "What laws govern our actions?" is asked only by Humans.Rest all simply know what to do.They do not doubt their "knowledge".Infact they dont even care for the term Knowledge.
From the assumption it follows that we are the only objects capable to doubting the validity of our own actions.We posses the incredible power of bringing the extra Objects of Information into Existence by putting a doubt on AS-IS situation.Aeroplane , Buildings etc can not be found at place where some idiots like us do not exist.:-))
That was one part.
Now let us first handle death.
What is death ?
Death is the irrecoverable loss of Information State from the Universe.Once something dies it can not be recreated in its completeness.Suppose if we try to recover Einstein from his brain then proabably when he will become alive with some loss of knowledge.(How much is a good question)Probably he will have to relearn his own theory.And this his understandin could be different .. probably far superior than most of us.

Now let us ask what is Life?
Answer I have already given you.Try to construct the opposite of Death.

Now one should understand the reasons why DNA carries only limited information from the Evolutionary history.DNA does not carry the entire information from past.It looses some by reconfiguring itself by coming in contact with the Meduim which holds itself.

Thus we bring Something Extra.

#12725 12/21/05 03:52 PM
J
J
Particles are to Thought as Yin is to Yang as Science is to Philosophy.

~Justine~
#12726 12/21/05 04:28 PM
J
J
If Death is irrevocalble loss of some information and Life is the opposite of Death then Life is the eternal gain of some information.
Life is "learning" contained and manipulated by particles and thought.

~Justine~
#12727 12/22/05 07:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Life is a treasure.Longer you hold greater are your returns.

#12728 01/16/06 04:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So have you understood what is life?

#12729 01/16/06 06:19 AM
R
R
Quote:
Originally posted by Justine:
If Death is irrevocalble loss of some information and Life is the opposite of Death then Life is the eternal gain of some information.
Actually, I would have thought that entropy dictates that life in general becomes increasingly inefficient as our finite (as opposed to eternal) lives progress.

#12730 01/16/06 09:44 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Rusty wrote:
"I would have thought that entropy dictates that life in general becomes increasingly inefficient"

Entropy does NO SUCH THING!

Where did you get this idea?

Entropy ALWAYS relates to the entire system ... not just some human defined subset of the system. Arguments to the contrary are promulgated by the nutiest of the theological fringe but have nothing to do with science.

Living systems by definition interact with systems external to themselves. Thus your belief system has no foundation and with it goes the conclusion you have drawn.

DA Morgan
#12731 01/17/06 12:53 AM
R
R
Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
Rusty wrote:
"I would have thought that entropy dictates that life in general becomes increasingly inefficient"

Entropy does NO SUCH THING!

Entropy ALWAYS relates to the entire system ... not just some human defined subset of the system. Arguments to the contrary are promulgated by the nutiest of the theological fringe but have nothing to do with science.
And in the Origins forum, too!

In light of the forum that I posted in, DA, my comment was only ever intended to be tongue-in-cheek. But since you are determined to be "serious" about absolutely everything, I would have thought that humans, being a part of an entire system affected by entropy, not humans in isolation as you assumed, are not immune to entropy's effects.

#12732 01/17/06 04:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You cowards you hadnt had the guts to discuss it with me logically so you deleted my m-theory.

Fine I take this **** from you.
But I rpomise you that my words shall be realized the day you try to do this to me.

And I am the originator of Life and Universe.
Life doenst exist independently.
It exists in a hierarchy and I am the owner.

Its not a threat but a consequence.

#12733 01/17/06 04:47 AM
R
R
Calm down, dkv, it's in the "not-quite-science" section.

What does the "M" in m-theory stand for again?

#12734 01/17/06 03:45 PM
J
J
Life is a continuum of awarness embodied by finite physical beings who contribute to learning and forgetting as a whole and are entirely interdependent upon each other for their individual feelings of suffering or happiness. Life is held together by particle points of unknown origin.

What do you guys think? Am I on the right track here as far as what we can observe life as?

~Justine~
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.