Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
#12254 10/26/05 04:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's time to give back something to the world for what it has given me. Hence my moderating the forum. I try to do the best I can where I am with what I have to work with in the time I have.
REP: Rose and Kate my best wishes are for you.
I know that you have accomplished what the Men could not.
You have created something which you know is larger than life.
Its my tribute to the Woman I loved most.
My Mother
My Wife
My GrandMother
and above all to someone who is more than all.
She is the Mother Nature.
She is my God.She is my Devil.

#12255 10/27/05 04:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since I have looked at Society for so long .
I think it is my duty to tell you that Male Homosexuality is Bad.
This may sound heart breaking for some but Trust me no crime is more gravious than being a Male Homosexual...because a pure organ enters an impure channel.
Thats against the law of sex.
Even Sex has some laws just like everthing.
Please reject Male Homosexuality.
If required take a course on changing the Sex so that you live more peacefully and harmoniously with your partner.

#12256 10/27/05 12:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garry, I hope you kill this one quickly.

"Amaranth"

#12257 10/28/05 04:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets all kill each other quickly..
This is what you are teaching.
I bet only two members are having problem with muy posts.
Is it because I dont fit your culture ?
Is it becuase you see me as threat rather than an opportunity?
If yes then you need to vist a doctor.
No one is under any threat if the World is managed properly.

#12258 10/28/05 03:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Lets all kill each other quickly.."

Is that a threat?

#12259 10/31/05 01:23 PM
G
G
Moving on, from DKV threating to murder Amaranth Rose, who just so happens to be the moderator
here dkv; and All a the Posters getting back to the 'Rock', it Science, re-introduced by DA Morgan:

Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
I like rock.
I like rock too, DA Morgan; you are a Good Man, to like rock.

REPRINT OF DELETED
SAGG ARCHIVE POST

The Seven (7) Rocks of Stonehenge

. . By: Garry Denke, Geologist
. . 12:00 a.m., Halloween
. . October 31st, 1996

1) Stonehenge Whitechalk - The outcrop sedimentary rock of Stonehenge is Late Cretaceous Period, Santonian Age, calcium carbonate. Late Cretaceous Period outcrop sedimentary rock is the in situ construction material used by the Stonehenge builders. This material is approximately 85 million years old. This stone is called Seaford Chalk Formation rock.

. . Fossils: The 144,000 Angels
. . Go http://www.nhm.ac.uk/ Go

2) Stonehenge Cosheston - The oldest sandstone sedimentary rock of Stonehenge is Silurian-Devonian Period micaceous sandstone. Silurian-Devonian Period sandstone sedimentary rock is the first (1st) construction material imported by the Stonehenge builders. This material is approximately 417 million years old. This stone is called Old Red Sandstone Formation rock.

. . Altar Stone 96-> 80: The Lamb

3) Stonehenge Coalstone - The bituminous coal sedimentary rock of Stonehenge is Late Carboniferous (Pennsylvanian) Period, Westphalian Age, carbon. Late Carboniferous (Pennsylvanian) Period bituminous coal sedimentary rock is the second (2nd) construction material imported by the Stonehenge builders. This material is approximately 310 million years old. This stone is called Crosskeys Coal Measures rock.

. . Coal (ashes)

4) Stonehenge Gritstone - The sandstone grit, conglomerate, limestone, shale and coal sedimentary rock of Stonehenge is Late Carboniferous (Pennsylvanian), Namurian Age, silicate, calcium carbonate and carbon. Late Carboniferous (Pennsylvanian) Period sandstone grit, conglomerate, limestone, shale and coal sedimentary rock is the third (3rd) construction material imported by the Stonehenge builders. This material is approximately 320 million years old. This stone is called Millstone Grit Formation rock.

. . Coal (ashes)

5) Stonehenge Bluestone - The volcanic rock (oldest geologically) of Stonehenge is Ordovician Period intrusive igneous diabase (dolerite) and extrusive igneous felsite (rhyolite) and tuff (basic). Ordovician Period igneous rock is the fourth (4th) construction material imported by the Stonehenge builders. This material is approximately 470 million years old. This stone is called Ordovician Volcanic rock.

. . Footprints: The Horseshoes

6) Stonehenge Sarsen - The youngest sandstone sedimentary rock of Stonehenge is Oligocene-Miocene (Tertiary) Period silicate. Oligocene-Miocene Period sandstone sedimentary rock is the fifth (5th) construction material imported by the Stonehenge builders. This material is approximately 24 million years old. This stone is called Reading Formation rock.

. . Heel Stone 97-> 96: The Four (4) Beasts
. . 01) Lion Head (Weathered)
. . 02) Calf Head (Ox Without Horns)
. . 03) Face As A Man (Wounded)
. . 04) Flying Eagle Wings (Spread Out)

7) Stonehenge Whitestone - The oldest limestone sedimentary rock of Stonehenge is Early Carboniferous (Mississippian) Period, Arundian Age, calcium carbonate. Early Carboniferous (Mississippian) Period limestone sedimentary rock is the sixth (6th) construction material imported by the Stonehenge builders. This material is approximately 340 million years old. This stone is called High Tor (Birnbeck) Limestone Formation rock.

. . Fossils: The Twenty-Four (24) Elders
. . 01) Aclisina
. . 02) Aviculopecten
. . 03) Bellerophon
. . 04) Caninia cornucopiae
. . 05) Chondrites
. . 06) Cleiothyridina roissyi
. . 07) Composita
. . 08) Conocardium
. . 09) Delepinea (Daviesiella) destinezi
. . 10) Euphemites
. . 11) Girvanella
. . 12) Hapsiphyllum (Zaphrentis) konincki
. . 13) Linoproductus
. . 14) Megachonetes papilionaceous
. . 15) Michelina grandis
. . 16) Mourlonia
. . 17) Murchisonia
. . 18) Palaeosmilia
. . 19) Plicochonetes
. . 20) Rhipidomella michelini
. . 21) Schellwienella cf. S. crenistria
. . 22) Straparollus
. . 23) Syringopora
. . 24) Zoophycos

Go http://www.bgs.ac.uk/ Go

Further Reading

1) Denke, G.W. 1973. Stonehenge Phase I: An Openpit Coalfield Model; The First Geologic Mining School (Indiana University of Pennsylvania) GDG, 73: 1-56.
2) Denke, G.W. 1975. Invertibrate Paleontology of the High Tor Limestone (Lower Carboniferous) and the Upper Senonian Chalk (Late Cretaceous) of Stonehenge. (Arizona State University) GDG, 75: 1-7.
3) Denke, G.W. 1977. Possible Source Areas of the High Tor Limestone (Early Mississippian) Fill of the Aubrey Holes and Heel Stone Ditch in Europe. (Arizona State University) GDG, 77: 1-24.
4) Beus, S.S. 1984. Fossil Associations in the High Tor Limestone (Lower Carboniferous) of South Wales. (Northern Arizona University) Journal of Paleontology, 58: 3; 651-667.
5) Denke, G.W. 1984. Mid-Dinantian (Waulsortian Facies) High Tor Limestone: The First Stones Transported to Stonehenge from the South Wales Coast. (Arizona State University) GDG, 84: 1-4.
6) Denke, G. 1984. Magnetic and Electromagnetic Surveys at Heelstone, Stonehenge, United Kingdom. (Indiana University of Pennsylvania) GDG, 84: 5-42.
7) Lees, A. and Miller, J. 1985. Facies variatian in Waulsortian buildups, Part 2; Mid-Dinantian buildups from Europe and North America. (Revised) Geological Journal, 20: 159-180.
8) Geologist, Denke, G. 1986. The Paleontology of Stonehenge, England. (Arizona State University) GDG, 86: 1-3. *

* Deed Records: County of Stonewall (State of Texas) USA

END OF REPRINT

Hoping this post helps "give back" to All a the Scientists,
and Happy Halloween to Amaranth Rose and DA Morgan.

DKV not Norm.

http://www.garrydenke.com
http://www.denocoinc.com

#12260 11/22/05 08:59 PM
J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
jjw004 wrote:
"I personally have never understood why there is conflict between those of science and those of a religious following"

Have you been living in a cave? Or do you expect someone else to explain why you don't understand it. The conflict is as primary as the difference between fact and fiction, truth and lie, proof and fraud. How difficult is it?

--------------------
DA Morgan about 9/21/05

jjw reply:

I guess I missed this Morgan special. Why would any one take a line from context to use it in this manner? I will explain it for you DA. I am not personally addicted to the abuse of others beliefs that I must find conflict in all things, even benign religion. The use of words like fraud, lies and fiction in response to some other persons religion are more akin to those deeply set on discrimination than on tolerance.
jjw

#12261 11/22/05 10:06 PM
B
Superstar
Superstar
B
Jim,

I agree with you completely. As always, your posts are well thought out and fair-minded. This is why you're rated at 5.

Ironically, DA is doing here exactly what he accuses organized religion of doing - demanding that we uncritically accept what he says. And he forces his point by stating that we are simply stupid if we disagree with him.

I know you are not a believer, and I can respect that - I cannot, however, respect DA's vitriolic bigotry.

He has stated that people like me are dangerous. This, without really knowing or understanding me.
I do not wish to force my views on anyone - or make schools teach ID - or enforce zero contraception - or assault abortionists - or persecute gays - or be enemies with Muslims - halt free speech - or curtail people's freedom.
I believe the church should never hold power, because it is contrary to Christ's teachings, and I am in profound disagreement with many of the Bush Administration's actions - especially concerning Iraq. I agree that science has delivered great benefit to mankind and I am grateful for it.

I would like to know in what sense DA finds me dangerous, because I actually find his intolerance dangerous, and his seeming inability to accord any value or respect to those people who believe in anything that cannot be empirically proven.

Regards,

Blacknad.

#12262 11/24/05 05:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#12263 12/01/05 05:46 AM
J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
Maturity?
As of this date in our infinitesimally advanced maturity I think it is safe to say that there is almost nothing defined as absolutely certain, except possibly, that death will take all. There is no need to shy away from your assumed ?empirical truths? or alleged knowledge. What was thought to be truth, in science or otherwise, is doubted, and history has a way of repeating itself.
jjw

#12264 12/02/05 05:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The life and death is subject of wide speculation and it has a strong relation with God especially death. The life has already taken its shape for us and thus what remains is death.
To which God do I affiliate and if there is no God then what happens to my Science.AS I Die do the knowledge that I-exist become zero in time?
If so then assuming that no one else can claim to call himself as myself,Then we can say that The Information can get lost from the system irrecoverably.Similary as I grow at somepoint of time I-Exist becomes Finite and as I can not be exactly as any other I we say that system can create knowledge.Thus Differentiation of I leading to knowledge of events .. thus conservation of Knowledge doesnt hold in both the Cases as I is lost or gained completely(using means not found in system).
Against this there lies an equally important case of Knowledge remains same as I at anypoint of time and thus Conservation of Knowledge holds as this was the net information at any point of time and it is present even now ..which is only and only I-exist.Leading to pure Quantum Mechanical effect with infinite possibilities.during decay leading to spontaneous Manifestation.
Which is real?

In our case we say both of them hold depending upon component of equation we are talking about.
In m-theory the Left side of product we denote non-spontaneous part and on the Right the Spontaneous part.

#12265 12/02/05 06:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More gibberish from the king of wacky. Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble making sense out of this guy's post?

#12266 12/02/05 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Amaranth Rose:
More gibberish from the king of wacky. Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble making sense out of this guy's post?
Here. Eat these mushrooms and read the post again.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
--S. Lewis
#12267 12/02/05 06:27 PM
B
Superstar
Superstar
B
I, like Jim, have a lot of time for dkv.

This post however, presents us with three alternatives:

1. dkv is a genius, operating on a level that is incomprehensible to the rest of us.

2. dkv's grasp of English is precluding him from communicating in a way that we can understand, and the fault lies somewhere between his thought processes and the keyboard.

3. dkv is unhinged.

We should maybe have a poll.

(dkv - just joking, but this is definitely one of your more obscure posts).

Regards,

Blacknad.

#12268 12/05/05 04:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can assure that you we are talking only sense.
The problem appears to take shape the moment I try to use the word I... It is the Science of Linguistic which says that I is a very dangerous word use it cautiously.
Since we are educated and we know that behind every sentence there is a meaning we should allow our logic and reasoning to proceed in perfect calmness .. thats not much to ask for .. is it?
Whatever I have said till now makes perfect sense.Your God will never disappoint you ..

#12269 12/05/05 05:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It may make perfect sense to you, but to me it's got a long way to go before it's understandable. I think you leave out certain critical parts that would make it more understandable. Also, all this talk about I and we is getting tangled up and needs straightening out.

#12270 12/05/05 06:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok ...
What is I ?
I is a pure Qunatum Mechanical answer to Larger Set of Collection of Tissues, Cells and so many other processes.
It is the Answer which everyone is supposed to know about itself.
It is the sense of I which guides our understanding of a Space called C-Space or the real world.. Currently it is known to be only of biological kind.(refer Life- A question ? )

What is We ?
We is the Existence of I's in the same Space.
Not necessarily Biological.

The Space we are talking about is inherently Dual (which I call I-Space and C-Space) and are equivalent ways of understanding the World and its events.

#12271 12/14/05 05:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is something which everybody wants to know about the emotions and its value from the point of view of Psychology and Biology.
Freud had realted every psychological problem to sexual problem. No doubt he was extremely right but at the same Biology refuses to give us Exact sexual Answer.It prefers emotional bonding over Sex for obvious reasons and not only that it requests the lot to diversify the Genes thus making some relationships knitted only in emotions with weak to very weak sexual association.
How can we relate those respected and diverse fields which appear to create opposite circumstances for proper Growth of Physical and psycological Self.Many call it delayed Self Gratification Path for greater Progress.
It has evolutionary roots.
Priests practice it and I wonder how few can underestimate its importance in the World of Reflections where people visit Temple for Answers not found in Real life.A Priest stands as a real example of a peaceful life with high level of Emotional Intelligence knitted with finest moral fabric.

#12272 12/15/05 01:31 AM
J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
Thankyou Dkv:
Possibly it is my weakened condition recovering from a serious bout of the flu or the cocktails I thought would lighten things- but your first post on this page was extremely hilarious to me.
No put down intended, just funny funny.
jjw

#12273 12/15/05 05:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Feeling Better? ;-))
Thats what is required after a long illness.

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.