Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
#12234 10/21/05 04:39 AM
G
G
Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:

Jesus Christ had a really bad weekend.

People with cancer often suffer far worse and do so for years.

Jesus Christ cured a few pathetic individuals.

Dr. Salk cured millions.
"RISKS, I like to say, always pay off.
You learn what to do or what not to do."

Jonas Salk, M.D.
Developer, Polio Vaccine
born 10/28/1914, died 6/23/1995

http://www.achievement.org/autodoc/page/sal0bio-1

#12235 10/21/05 04:46 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
dvk copied/wrote:
"Jesus Christ had a really bad weekend.
REP: Listen to tell you the truth ... you cancer you are seeing outside is inside you as well.
Sometimes you sound as fanatic as a fanatic religious leader."

Do you have a point here? If so I'd suggest trying to retrieve it. Me fanatic? Hardly. I just have a visceral dislike of hypocrites and liars. You, on the other hand seem to embrace them.

The entire suffering of your "lord" was measured in hours. Get off your keister and spend 40 days inside the Fred Hutch Cancer Research Center as I have done. You'll see the people who are really suffering ... but they are suffering for the sins of the one you worship as "good" and "kind" and other hypocritical nonsense.

dvk further copied/wrote:
"Jesus Christ cured a few pathetic individuals.
REP: He cured the entire Humanity"

I apologize you are absolutel correct. Cured them in the torture of the Inquisition. Cured them in the gas chamber and ovens of Nazi Germany. Cured them in the World Trade Center too no doubt. Thank you for saving us from your creations. I feel so much better now.

And finally dvk in a complete loss of contact from reality copied/wrote:
"Dr. Salk cured millions.
REP: Dr. Salk should cure AIDS"

Why is it his responsibility? My mother taught me to clean my own room and make my own bed? Isn't your invisible purple rhinoceros capable of admitting a mistake and cleaning up after himself?
He created AIDS ... let him get off his sorry bottom and uncreate it.

Again three choices:
1. He created AIDS with malice and aforethought but is incapable of making it go away.
2. He created AIDS with malice and aforethought and chooses not to make it go away.
3. He doesn't exist.

Try demonstrating a little integrity and making your choice from the three proposals, or, if you have enough matter in your frontal-lobes propose a fourth possibility.

DA Morgan
#12236 10/22/05 04:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dvk copied/wrote:
"Jesus Christ had a really bad weekend.
REP: Listen to tell you the truth ... you cancer you are seeing outside is inside you as well.
Sometimes you sound as fanatic as a fanatic religious leader."
Do you have a point here? If so I'd suggest trying to retrieve it. Me fanatic? Hardly. I just have a visceral dislike of hypocrites and liars. You, on the other hand seem to embrace them.
REP: I DO NOT EMBRACE LIARS IF I AM SURE THAT HE OR SHE IS LYING. I KNOW THAT WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT IS CORRECT BUT NOT FULLY CORRECT.
AS against this you say that They are ABSOLUTELY Wrong. You are denying any credit to the Religion for bringing up such a large family.
Currently Science fails to give a reason for a grand get together where all the distinctions stand void.All classes appear equal.All disticntions of geography and language disolve.
Today some religions are trying to build an all inclusive Branch of thought where religion and science exist together.Maharishi Mahesh Yogi my great inspirer has performed this task brilliantly. Christians and Muslims have also done amazing work in this Area within the defintion of their religion.But there is always scope of improvement all of them failed to give a logical explantion for this Universe.I gave you free of cost ;-)) rest i leave to your imagination.
=============================================
The entire suffering of your "lord" was measured in hours. Get off your keister and spend 40 days inside the Fred Hutch Cancer Research Center as I have done. You'll see the people who are really suffering ... but they are suffering for the sins of the one you worship as "good" and "kind" and other hypocritical nonsense.
REP: So many times I have been angry with you.But we still discuss. You know why I reacted that way. So all the suffering is just a manifestation of a reason embedded in your past.Nature is Transactional unless you really find someone who can take stand up and take responsibility of your past... thats what christ did. Thats what Krishna did for Arjun ...
Do you know that any true God also goes through suffering? He goes through it for different reasons .. his suffering is guided by a supreme Goal.Therefore in short if you want to end your suffering surrender to some God sincerely...Without any ifs and buts.Become one with him. Let him speak thru you and you will never suffer and infact you will always keep a smile..I know I am asking too much but thats the only way to save yourself form Transactional Nature.I glad that you care for others.. that shows that there is a God inside you .. he is alive .. and refuses to acknowledge any other God due to lack of Knwoledge ...
Whether you believe him or not you will go to heaven if you have done some good job which fits his list of itmes.. thats his promise .. but remember when you say there is no God there are people who will not be as good as you.Dont spoil them ... thats a crime in the eyes of Divine because it takes away the Harmony.
======================================
dvk further copied/wrote:
"Jesus Christ cured a few pathetic individuals.
REP: He cured the entire Humanity"
I apologize you are absolutel correct. Cured them in the torture of the Inquisition. Cured them in the gas chamber and ovens of Nazi Germany. Cured them in the World Trade Center too no doubt. Thank you for saving us from your creations. I feel so much better now.
REP: You are insisting that his creation is flawed becuase there is an existence of Pain...
I ask you simple scientific Question ... will you abstain form Happiness? If yes you will never suffer a pain.If no you will always find a pain. Happiness and Pain belong together as a group in the Quantum Gravitation Field and it is only a matter of time when one of them will appear... No one remains in Hell or Heaven forever.
======================================
And finally dvk in a complete loss of contact from reality copied/wrote:
"Dr. Salk cured millions.
REP: Dr. Salk should cure AIDS"
Why is it his responsibility? My mother taught me to clean my own room and make my own bed? Isn't your invisible purple rhinoceros capable of admitting a mistake and cleaning up after himself?He created AIDS ... let him get off his sorry bottom and uncreate it.
REP: Was that a joke to laugh at .. Any disease simply states his displeasure about something in us. He is unhappy that we are so ignorant of Universal truths.Let me tell you one more thing Truth is not only stated but also felt.More and more people are stating it without knowing how it feels.
=====================================
Again three choices:
1. He created AIDS with malice and aforethought but is incapable of making it go away.
2. He created AIDS with malice and aforethought and chooses not to make it go away.
3. He doesn't exist.
REP: I exist.. this was not part of your choice but it is true.AIDS or any other disease is a manifestation of your deisres of getting Happiness or Unhappiness.In the history of your actions lies the reason why it transfered from Monkey to Humans.You may not be directly responsible but you share the crime as you share benefits taken out commiting such a crime.
Why do you Torture Monkeys? It is a serious question theink about it.
========================================
Try demonstrating a little integrity and making your choice from the three proposals, or, if you have enough matter in your frontal-lobes propose a fourth possibility.
REP: Dont talk about frontal lobes you do not understand brain... I hate when some says I am ignorant.
--------------------

#12237 10/22/05 05:11 AM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
dvk wrote:
"REP: Listen to tell you the truth ... you cancer you are seeing outside is inside you as well."

Unfortunately dvk seems incapable of translating this into English so lacking anything cogent to respond to ... I won't even try.

dvk further wrote:
"AIDS or any other disease is a manifestation of your deisres of getting Happiness or Unhappiness."

I won't even comment on this as it speaks volumes for itself. Apparently newborn infants with AIDS are just manifesting their desire to be happy. Damned kids. How dare they manifest a desire. See ... serves them right.

You may hate being called ignorant but ignorant is the word in the English language that best describes your statements. To which, it appears from the above, I should add illiterate too.

DA Morgan
#12238 10/22/05 05:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Morgan ,
Good that you still alive.
So where the people who tortured Christ.
Look at the Kid he or she is the God in the form of Child.Begging you to take away the reasons behind her disgrace.
Let her die but dont let her purpose die.
Look at the kid what kid what was her crime ...
Nothing absolutely nothing.
But due to your mistakes he has been left with no future in this world.
She was given this gift by this world for showing the ugly face it presents to itself..
Just as Christ was made to suffer because he said something right.
We gave the disease and now we are trying to cure it.
How stupid ? and You call me ignorant.
Jesus Christ.

#12239 10/22/05 02:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, great! Not content with wrecking the forum on his own, dkv imports his own private cheering section! Let's hear it for the trolls, folks!

Don't feed the trolls. Please.

#12240 10/22/05 04:16 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Rose ... Kate gave you an axe ... it grows rusty from disuse.

Until such time as the two of you decide to edit with the intent of cleaning up this mess ... it would be irresponsible for such nonsense to go unchallenged.

So if you allow it ... I will challenge it.
If you act, as I wish you would, and excise it then excise my comments too. You'll not hurt my feelings to see this entire idiocy disappear.

DA Morgan
#12241 10/22/05 04:35 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
dvk wrote:
"So where the people who tortured Christ."

Try something new: Try learning something instead of parroting idiocies. How many people did the Roman's crucify per year? Why was the suffering of any one of them any more or less than the suffering of any or all of the rest?

Why is the suffering of someone being crucified more or less important thanthe suffering of any one of the millions of people that have been tortured by Christians in the name of Christianity? Who has created the greatest amount of suffering by torture and rape? Romans or Christians?

I know you are hard of thinking but try actually responding to what has been written here rather than heading off into another one of your fantasies.

DA Morgan
#12242 10/22/05 07:18 PM
G
G
Quote:
Originally posted by Amaranth Rose:
Oh, great!
Not content with wrecking the forum
Wrecking the forum? Wrecked the forum is more like it.
This is (was) a Science Forum. Used to be a good one.
Why not delete all of these silly 'God rants' Amaranth?
Just tell DKV, Chris Maxwell, DA Morgan, and Sachin;

"Take all of your 'God rants' to:

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (PTSD) Forums and Email Lists
http://www.mental-health-matters.com/selfhelp/f_ocd.php

Please. This is a Science Forum."

I tried to incorporate science,
but no one picked up on it.

Enough already!

#12243 10/22/05 08:35 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
I agree with Garry. Why not delete all of these silly rants. And yes I am being serious.

I will continue to respond to this inane nonsense just as long as you create a forum for it.

Please to the planet a favour and start enforcing some rules.

Oh and start with the advertising nonsense at the bottom of this page where SAGG is proudly hosting advertising for:
"God is Love" / "Christianity" / "Real Christianity"

Yeah GodLovesTheWorld.com so darn much he tortured his only son for his personal sin of creating it in the first place. What a magnificent hypocrisy. A hypocrisy so great it just couldn't have happened without an intelligent designer.

Anyway Garry I agree with you. But not once in my years here at SAGG have I felt that Kate was truly interested in science. Though what she is interested in is as large a mystery as any.

DA Morgan
#12244 10/22/05 09:44 PM
G
G
Quote:
Why not delete all of these silly rants.
And yes I am being serious.
Please to the planet a favour and start enforcing some rules.
Thank you DA Morgan. You are a good man.

Rules:

"This is the place to leave pithy comments and share your SCIENTIFIC INSIGHTS with the rest of the great unwashed readership. Play nice, STICK TO SCIENCE AND SCIENCE RELATED TOPICS. Postings containing spam, obscenity, THOSE THAT ARE ABUSIVE, threaten violence OR ARE OTHERWISE INAPPROPRIATE WILL BE REMOVED at the forum management's discretion."

http://www.scienceagogo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/528.html

Thank you.

#12245 10/23/05 04:05 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
I like rock.

And classical.

And jazz.

And ....

DA Morgan
#12246 10/23/05 06:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
I like rock.

And classical.

And jazz.

And ....
Way off topic. But too funny to cut.

Let me reassure you, changes are forthcoming. Just have a little patience for now while it gets worked out. smile

#12247 10/23/05 10:51 PM
J
J
This thread has been more entertaining than educational, so keeping with the theme, I would like to share my observations of life, the universe, etc. Throughout the historical and archeological record, religion is inextricably bound to civilization. All religions incorporate practices (do this) and taboos (don?t do that) which form a social model (how folks behave to each other) and an economic model (how the community produces goods and services) which are key to the success of the community. The group with the better model will tend to prevail. The Egyptians produced strong armies and good science, the Greeks good science and wealth from trade. The Greek social model left each city with its patron god, and though wealthy, not organized (unified) enough to ward off the Romans who incorporated the Greek economics, engineering (adapting Greek and Egyptian science to their construction projects) and a strong single-state unity. The Jews at the time had a strong economic model (trade and small business, tithes reinvested in the community), robust but very limited social model: Eat this, not that, take lots of baths, etc. helped preserve health. Do not kill Jews helped strengthen the community, but their exclusivity (this is only for Jews only, chosen people clause) prevented them from ever acquiring enough of a population to be a dominate political entity. Early Christianity was week all around (Share your money, be nice to everyone), but appealed to people surrounded by Roman wealth and brutality. When the empire finally disbanded and the emperor fled to Byzantium, ambitious bishops across what used to be Roman, sized political power aligning their congregations with local strong men, set up feudal states and reinvented Christianity as Catholicism. Science, health and economics were abandoned in a struggle for power that drove Europe into the dark ages. About this same time, Mohammad came along, was very saddened by the strife through Arabia (12 gods, cities would choose a patron, and go to war with its neighbors to see whose god was stronger) studied Judaism, and did a good job selling his adaptation. One small change to the Jewish model mentioned above (Anybody can convert to Muslim) and was built the dominant culture in the western world for the next millennia. The only advance encouraged by Catholicism was art, and once this renaissance produced a critical mass of educated individuals, a new model emerged in a new religion. The Protestants adopted the Jewish economics (educate people, bathe, eat right, work hard, re-invest in the community) and ushered Europe into the age of science and industry.

#12248 10/24/05 12:32 AM
G
G
Your Brain Cells May 'Know' More Than You Let On By Your Behavior

Source: Salk Institute

http://www.salk.edu/news/releases/details.php?id=150

October 19, 2005

We often make unwise choices although we should know better. Thunderstorm clouds ominously darken the horizon. We nonetheless go out without an umbrella because we are distracted and forget. But do we? Neurobiologists at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies carried out experiments that prove for the first time that the brain remembers, even if we don?t and the umbrella stays behind. They report their findings in the Oct. 20th issue of Neuron.

"For the first time, we can a look at the brain activity of a rhesus monkey and infer what the animal knows," says lead investigator Thomas D. Albright, director of the Vision Center Laboratory.

First author Adam Messinger, a former graduate student in Albright?s lab and now a post-doctoral researcher at the National Institute of Mental Health in Bethesda, Md. compares it to subliminal knowledge. It is there, even if doesn?t enter our consciousness.

http://www.salk.edu/

#12249 10/24/05 04:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish you would have posted this as a new topic, Garry. We need new topics of this calibre.

#12250 10/24/05 05:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garry--please post as a new topic. Thanks,

"Amaranth"

#12251 10/24/05 05:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Jack J.

All human civilizations engage in self-serving hypocrisy too.

And yes Rose I am baiting you to finally let the axe fall.
Hang in there, Daniel, a compromise is in the works that should just about suit everyone's fancy. Trust me, if you can.

#12252 10/25/05 04:24 PM
G
G
Sorry I missed your posts Amaranth,
your "Origins" forum idea was wise.

#12253 10/25/05 07:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for the compliment but Kate deserves the credit for making it happen. I like to think I've learned a bit in almost 5 decades. It's time to give back something to the world for what it has given me. Hence my moderating the forum. I try to do the best I can where I am with what I have to work with in the time I have.

"Amaranth"

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.