Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 162 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#11622 08/18/06 06:56 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
dehammer wrote:
"the problem is that tidal waves are most often caused by earthquates or things of that matter."

So is this one. Figuratively speaking you are standing on the beach watching the tide recede. And this is the only warning you are going to get.
so instead of enjoying the veiw of the tidal wave coming in, you think we should all run blindly into the lava thats coming down from the high ground? whats the dif? the point is to pay attension and figure out the best way. you remind me of a story i read a long time ago about some people on a small islands. there was an earthquate preceeding an eruption of the valcano on the island. many people ran around trying to find someway to avoid the tidal wave they saw comeing in. most were killed by the piroclastic cloud falling from the valcano. a few died running along the shore. a small number of them waited until the water ran out, then followed it to a cave that was underwater. with the water being pulled out, part of the cave was freed of water, allowing air to get in. these people were the only survivors of the island population. ill set here on the beach while you run into the cloud and die painfully, then im hiding in the cave.

point is, you really have to use your head. there are so many ways you can die. the thing is, if your going to and there is no way out, make sure its the best way. if nothing else and there is not hope, at least have a little bit of fun while you wait to die. theres no need to hurt yourself in the last few minutes of living if you have no chance.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.
#11623 08/18/06 08:15 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
dehammer wrote:
"since the catholic church"

Irrelevant to what I wrote. People need to take personal responsibility for their actions. The Pope is not in your closet.

dehammer wrote:
"there are other religions that also forbid use of contraceptives. in those countries, its either no sex or lots of children."

This is pure mythology based primarily on racial or cultural prejudice.

dehammer wrote:
"so instead of enjoying the veiw of the tidal wave coming in, you think we should all run blindly into the lava"

I know you've got your fantasy engine in high gear but you know perfectly well that is not what I wrote, not what I meant, not what I implied.

If you can't do better than this the game is over.

DA Morgan
#11624 08/18/06 09:24 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
Irrelevant to what I wrote. People need to take personal responsibility for their actions. The Pope is not in your closet.
but not to what i originally wrote. people have to be educated in what their choises are before they can do anything but what they already are doing. they have personal responsiblity, it just that they cant do anything about the problem, since they are not aware of the problem. nor do they know of any alternatives to what they are doing.

Quote:
This is pure mythology based primarily on racial or cultural prejudice.
no, its from visiting people while i was overseas. ive talked to people from different countries and different religions. if its "acial or cultural prejudice", its of their own making. they were the ones that told me they are not allowed to use contraceptives because it went against the teaching of their gods.

Quote:
I know you've got your fantasy engine in high gear but you know perfectly well that is not what I wrote, not what I meant, not what I implied.
thats because you made the choise to chose the words that you quote from me in such a way as to say something else.

Quote:
If you can't do better than this the game is over.
sure if you choise not to learn.

#11625 08/18/06 10:15 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Learn? What have you to teach? You misunderstand most of what I write and you are the only one that does so. Others may disagree but you misunderstand.

If others also misunderstood I'd give your comments due consideration. But that is not the case so game over! Find someone else to play with.

DA Morgan
#11626 08/18/06 11:32 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
really? show me where i misunderstood you and others did understand you. i believe in reality it was more i disagreed with you. on a couple of points i missed something, but not often and not in many areas. in fact the only one i can recall, i believed you were referring to all lasers, because of the way you wrote that one post, when you were only referring to led lasers.

what have i to teach? how about what a warlock is. you kept insisting it was a male witch, when only christians claim that. you even gave a link, which if you read more than the first line would have told you exactly what a warlock was. you even called me one. in what way did i misinterpret that insult. the only reason that i did not start calling you things similar is that i knew it was from ignorance.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.