Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 335 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#11546 07/15/06 07:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello, I am here to present to you one of the most shameful science sites in existence: www.theflatearthsociety.org. There are a group of Flat-Earthers (FE'ers) who vehemtly argue that the Earth is flat.

Their "theory" is here: www.theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1324

Please assault them with common sense arguements and evidence that the Earth is round after reading their FAQ. Please note that only a few actually believe the Earth is flat, others are trying to prove that you cannot shoot their theory down. Morons.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
They are a joke.

Far more serious is those that are antiscience, like the president of the United States, but pretend they are so they can continue to subvert it.

DA Morgan
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
the earth really is flat , the reason that we percieve the earth to be round is because we have always been told that it is round.
and our brains cannot even see a flat earth when we go up into high earth orbit.

which actually isnt really a orbit but a circular path around the flat plane of the earth , and our brains compute the farther parts of the earth as bending around what it believes is a sphere.

same as when we look into space at night.

the stars all get wraped around this perception that the earth is round and the resulting view that we see is what we see not what is real.

there also is no such thing as free energy , clean energy , perpetual motion...etc.

to put it bluntly we are an experiment in someones lab.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Go back to taking your medication and you will feel better in a few days.

DA Morgan
U
Superstar
Superstar
U
Tall-masted ship approaches a dock or recedes from it. High altitude aircraft. GPS and other satellites. Apollo on the moon. Failure of Mercator projection maps to find shortest distance between two points. The Earth is curved.

Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/
(Toxic URL! Unsafe for children and most mammals)
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/qz3.pdf
T
Tim Offline
T
DA said, "Far more serious is those that are antiscience, like the president of the United States, but pretend they are so they can continue to subvert it." The last I heard, George Bush wasn't an evolutionist!

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Last I heard George Bush had an IQ barely above room temperature in degrees Farenheit.

A few of my favorite related Bush quotes:

"We want our teachers to be trained so they can meet the obligations, their obligations as teachers. We want them to know how to teach the science of reading. In order to make sure there's not this kind of federal?federal cufflink."
~At Fritsche Middle School, Milwaukee, March 30, 2000

As you know, we're studying safe levels for arsenic in drinking water to base our decision on sound science, the scientists told us we need to test the water glasses of about 3,000 people. Thank you for participating. [from a 2001 Washington TV/Radio Correspondents dinner]
~ George W. Bush

I think we all agree, the past is over.
~ Geore W. Bush, Dallas Morning News, May 10, 2000

"Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?" Let us analyze that sentence for a moment. If you're a stickler, you probably think the singular verb "is" should have been the plural "are," but if you read it closely, you'll see I'm using the intransitive plural subjunctive tense. So the word "is" are correct.

You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on.
-- (spoken at a Washington Dinner, March 2001)

DA Morgan
L
L
Here are more inspiring quotes from our president.

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." ?Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." ?Greater Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000

"They misunderestimated me." ?Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." ?Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
web page

Where is Lee Harvey Oswald when you need him? wink

"A plague on both your houses!"
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Lenore:

Assassinating morons only brings worse morons. Be careful what you wish for. Better he should follow Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan into obscurity where he can do no harm.

DA Morgan
J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
Hi Guys:

Why don't you all vote for a political Forum.
"second guessers welcome, any opinion is OK".
Is that your science or your "origins"?
jjw

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
I'd agree except that it would make it even harder to have any science here.

The only reason I responded was to caution Lenore, however gently, that what she posted was not wise. Hopefully she understood the intention.

DA Morgan
L
L
Point taken.

"A plague on both your houses!"
A
A
I'm going to start TBES: turtles back earth society.

"The written word is a lie"
R
R
Yes. Moving right along. The earth is square, having six flat sides. It is less than 20,000 yrs old and was founded by a solar systematic, Evangelical, egg laying mammalian vagabond with flat feet and a thunderbolt scribed gold leaf prototype of the Berkeley Barb Newspaper - all gyroscopically balanced on the back of the irreproachable Andistic inspired turtle.

Modern day Finalized Reality is like a bus schedule - there'll be another one along shortly. Present day hypotheses are often perceived and presented as theories.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.