Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
OP Offline
E
Quote:
Originally posted by soilguy:
I don't see any evidence that Islamists are "winning the spiritual argument," nor does the West rely on science
Evidence? You mind is spoiled by propaganda. You are unable to see the evidence..

ES

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Quote:
Originally posted by peace:
i don't quite agree...hinduism, an ancient home-grown faith in india (it is not called a 'religion'), has no heretics to cast out, doesnot have- fixed dogmas, one book, one god, doesnot believe in forcing any one to adopt any one school of thought n is open to all faiths...
as you put it, its not considered a religion. faith is on thing. its based purely in spirituality. if you dont believe it, question it, then find the answers. often times that leads back to faith.

religion is based largely in dogma. your suppose to accept what your taught without deviation, no though, no question allowed.

Quote:
any science tht being done for good of humanity, animal, plants, earth etc is an act of spiritualism..ya frentic patenting by scientists n organizations would not fit the bill...
unfortuantely, not all science is good for the planet or its people. most is, but not all.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
there is only one GOD.
all else is nothing.

how can a rock make another rock?
who made the 1st rock?

where did everything come from ,
how many different religions are there?

how much pain and suffering have the people of the world endured because of religious peoples
religious ideals?

there is only one GOD.
does he want us to fight each other?
or does he want us to work together?

if you want to find the real evil you will have to look no further than in the bank accounts where the money comes from that pays for the evil.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Paul you really should get yourself a spare synapse and apply it to educating yourself.

Your first statement is pure nonsense. With equal credibility and supporting evidence I can say that there is only one invisible purple rhinoceros.

No one has ever claimed that any rock created another rock? The first rock? Perhaps you should study how stars make elements. Basic chemistry. The stuff they teach in elementary and middle school.

Where did everything come from is a red herring. A purely rhetorical nonsense question. Lets turn it around. Who made god? Where id god come from? Oh he's always existed right? Imagine that ... just like the universe. Only for small minds three letters are easier to comprehend than eight?

What utter and complete nonsense.

DA Morgan
J
J
Why is this in the science forum? Isn't this "not quite science" or something else? Frankly, isn't the first post a troll?

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
da, i hate to say this. but for once you and i completely agree.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.
Quote:
Originally posted by extrasense:
Quote:
Originally posted by soilguy:
I don't see any evidence that Islamists are "winning the spiritual argument," nor does the West rely on science
Evidence? You mind is spoiled by propaganda. You are unable to see the evidence..

ES
Then why don't you educate me?

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
--S. Lewis
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Soilguy ... there isn't enough ergot fungus on the planet for you get convince yourself you've learned anything from this troll. Don't invite the preposterous. ;-)

DA Morgan
I just wondered what "the spiritual agrument" was. As far as I can tell from the Islamic fundies, it involves lots of sex with virgins.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
--S. Lewis
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Well if that's what its all about where do I sign up?

Actually I don't think that is what Islam is about and I don't think that is what Islamic fundies are about. Though history clearly teaches that fundies come in four flavours.

1. Those that feel guilty about their own behaviour.
2. Those that are attempting to cover up or divert attention from their own behaviour.
3. Those that are paranoid that someone somewhere might be enjoying their life.
4. Those that are control freaks

I think civilized people could do civilization a huge favour and declare fundamentalist thinking, of whatever nature, criminal in nature and lock them up.

DA Morgan
B
Superstar
Superstar
B
Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
I think civilized people could do civilization a huge favour and declare fundamentalist thinking, of whatever nature, criminal in nature and lock them up.
Be very careful what you wish for DA. You may be first in line to be locked up. If there was ever a candidate for Scientist Fundamentalist then I would say that you come as close as I have seen - probably even pipping Dawkins at the post.

You have proposed that all Fundamentalist Christians do you a favour and follow in the footsteps of the poor schizophrenic chap by being mauled to death by lions.

Seems pretty intolerant of others to me - and certainly smacks of fundamentalism. Like the Fundies you are utterly convinced of your own inerrancy.

A now you are proposing that we lock up a significant part of the population - not based upon their actions - for the vast majority have committed no crime - but simply because you don't like the way they think. A post-modern inquisition - why don't you go the whole hog and burn them all at the stake? I'm sure Uncle Al would be the first to volunteer to grease them up and light the kindling.

Blacknad.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
I've no objection to intolerance.

I am intollerant of murder, rape, TB, smallpox, and stupidity. And anyone that isn't is not fully human.

There is a difference between advocacy of what can be proven and advocacy for that which is based wholly on nonsense and the brain washing of children.

DA Morgan
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.