Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 335 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1126 03/28/05 07:28 AM
E
OP Offline
E
Dear Folks

This is the biggest break through in AC I've seen. My only question is if there is a maintainence issue with the build up of deposits of any sorts in the channels due to poor water quality.

www.coolerado.com/NewsAnd...lerado.htm

Erich J. Knight
#1127 03/28/05 11:48 PM
M
Megastar
Megastar
M
Your Air Con: article smacks of advertising, something we dont do on Scienceagogo.

Its large, cumbersome, can only cool slightly, dependant upon the latent evaporation of water. Probably has a noisy fan, as it sucks air thru the fine bore aluminum block. Sounds like a perfect vehicle for spreading Legionnaires Lung Disease to me.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

#1128 03/30/05 08:18 AM
K
K
I'm having a problem seeing where the innovation is in this. It's an evaporative cooler isn't it? Albeit with perhaps a more effective evaporator, or whatever it's called.

Speaking of air-con, I was in Thailand last week. They've still got the freon air-cons in their cars in Bangkok! Freezing! Makes the air-cons we have in our autos seem downright insipid!

#1129 03/31/05 02:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't get this to open in my browser (Mozilla firefox). Is the entire URL listed above, or do I need to go elsewhere for the rest?

#1130 04/13/05 04:54 AM
E
OP Offline
E
They need an ERV and a TFP

Dear Folks:

They claim to get "wet bulb" temps, and I dought Delphi (a 33 billion $ corp) would agree to produce it if it did not work.

It's not a "swamp cooler", there is no transfer of moisture to product air. Althought in high humidity applications , to be most effective, they must use an additional component for dehumidification, IMHO, like Honeywell's " Perfect window" desicant wheel ERV. I've have sent them e-mails to this effect, am waiting for their reply.

They claim to be able to purge all mineral build up, but I do not believe the "all"part.

I also suggested to them to include a turbulent flow percipitator type air filter in their design. Like the Netec ACS 2000R, that has a 5 year maintainance cycle,and removes 97% of particles down to 0.1 microns to reduce their units maintainance.

I totaly agree with you about their terminology, "psychrometric" what a meaningless term, maybe enthalpic is more what they should have used.

I've posted them your coments and will report back here any answers to your questions.

Thanks for the feedback, and please e-mail me if you have any other concerns

Erich
shengar@aol.com

Erich J. Knight
#1131 04/13/05 05:00 AM
E
OP Offline
E

Erich J. Knight

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.