Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 388 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Andist Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Like many of you, perhaps. I do beleive that there is some sort of "acasual connecting principle" at work. I also realise that scientists, along with myself, reject acasuality, under most conditions.

My question is: whether you think it nothing but chace, do you ever observe circumstances which some might call synchronistic, such as thinking about someone soon before they call you on the telephone?

"The written word is a lie"
R
R
RE synchronicity (not quite science)
Hi Andist

My highly detailed dreams often come true the next day.

For instance, I dream I'm picking broken glass off my lawn. Next day my motor cycle falls over in back garden and I'm picking up broken mirror glass off my lawn.

Again I dream I'm in my car and a black man is pointing at my door handle. Next day I'm in my car
stopped at traffic lights when I see a black man pointing at my door handle. The door was not fully shut.

There have been many other such dreams, and it certainly makes you wonder about the nature of time, ect.

Ron Mole

L
L
Sure, I believe in synchronicity. And reincarnation, and aliens, and vodoo....
Believing in these things may add an element of excitement to our earthly existance; however, there are always logical explanations out there.
Synchronicity=coincidence

"A plague on both your houses!"
R
R
Hi Lenore

Re synchronicity and your reference to plage and your logical explanations.

I sure would like to hear your logical explanations of my dreams and the fact that I never lose on the dogs or horses.

L
L
Ron Mole;

Perhaps after having a particularly vivid dream, you later look for the elements of it in everyday life. The mind has a very peculiar way of working, and though it may seem like the man you saw pointing in your dream, it actually wasn't. Because that is what you wanted to see, that is what you saw. As for the dogs and horses, you aren't always right, or else you would be the richest man in the world. When you do win it is either because of coincidence or skill.

"A plague on both your houses!"
R
R
Lenore

This will be my last reply to this thread as we could argue for ever.

When a black man stands two feet away and points at my car door. As in a dream the previous day It was not imagination when I wound the window down to enquire what the problem was.

Here is a true example of imagination. A stage conjurer arranged for a metal vase to levitate by means of hidden electro magnets. After the show he asked the audience what they saw. All but two said they simply saw the vase rise. However, one little old lady said she saw a group of angels come down lift the vase, but a learned professor said, "You can't fool me,I kept my eyes on the vase all the time and it didn't move an inch. You obviosly hynotised the audience."

Is there any difference between a creationist and a diehard sceptic ? I rest my case.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.