Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#11135 04/02/06 10:52 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Science is our only hope.

http://www.sas.org/tcs/weeklyIssues_2006/2006-04-07/feature1p/index.html

Confirmed...

http://brenmccnnll.blogspot.com/2006/03/dr.html

Commendations...

http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/%7Evaranus/evaluations.html

Really like the following...

'This is the closest thing this university has to a true religion course and Pianka is the perfect preacher. In other science courses we are taught to look at things specifically and therefore lose the big picture. In this class we study the big picture. "Why are we here?" That question is answered in evolution. Everyone should be required to take this class to "spread the word.'

Easy.

#11136 04/03/06 06:15 PM
U
Superstar
Superstar
U
Quote:
advocated for the extermination of 90 percent of the human species in a most horrible and painful manner.
90% cut, 600 million remaining, is too deep a cut to sustain technolgical civilization.

Stop all manner and means of State-mandated charity. The problem will solve itself at zero cost with zero effort. Think of it as evolution in action. If things spill over, support evolution - shoot back.

Let's run some numbers. China has 1.5 billion people, India has 1.1 billion people, Africa has 900 million people, the US has 300 million people, the planet has 6+ billion people. Now then...

China keeps 300 million useful people
India keeps 200 million useful people
Africa keeps 50 million useful people
The US keeps 150 million useful people.
----------------------------------------
World population drops to half, 3 billion people, and nobody is missed. Now trim Central and South America plus Arabia, Europe, Russia, and Southeast Asia: no unproductive pensioners suckling the public teat, no welfare cases. 4+ billion parasites are gone overall, leaving 2- billion productive human beings.

That would be wonderful! Simply stop sending Welfare checks. The useless will starve.

Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/
(Toxic URL! Unsafe for children and most mammals)
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/qz3.pdf
#11137 04/03/06 07:58 PM
Such a sweetheart.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
--S. Lewis
#11138 04/03/06 08:10 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Al:
[QUOTE]
That would be wonderful! Simply stop sending Welfare checks. The useless will starve.
Oh Uncle Al. Lovely to hear from you. And the best they can manage is a weak 'sweetheart'. That's because they know you make sense. Let one of them argue you...won't happen. Hitler's only problem was he didn't have the stats. If he'd had Google and made his case like you, history would have remembered him differently. A man before his time?

And you're spot on. Ebola's far too indiscriminate. Might kill all the scientists and leave all the scum. Welfares better.

Easy.

#11139 04/03/06 10:18 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
I know I have some double-ought here somewhere.

First we get outright unashamed racism and now we are treated to Dr. Mengele humanitarian.

The problem you guys don't seem to want to acknowlege (Uncle Al and now Easy Life) is that you won't be the one's determining the criteria by which decisions are made as to who goes into the ovens.

You might want to look up the origins of the phrase:
"The Revolution Consumes her Children"

DA Morgan
#11140 04/04/06 12:00 AM
P
P
It was Malthus, was it not, who first sounded this alarm? (Nineteenth century I believe).
Advances in food production tech and medicine have
held the problem at bay up till now, but there are
limits to how long this can continue.
Some form of population control is going to be
neccessary.
Though the ones proposed are unattractive if we don't chose some controls, nature will eventually
impose them, and we will probably not appreciate
her choices either.
Pragmatist

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." - Aldous Huxley

#11141 04/04/06 02:07 AM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Pragmatist ... I think you've earned your handle. Well said.

We will someday be able to control nature if we survive that long ... but that someday is not within our lifetimes.

There are some who apparently are unable to distinguish between quality and quantity when thinking about life.

One proof of our species' intelligence would be if we did what no other species appears to have ever done: Intentionally and consciously limited its population.

--------------------------------------------
Facts do not cease to exist because they are unpleasant or inconvenient.
~ DA Morgan

DA Morgan
#11142 04/04/06 03:00 PM
When you lose your humanity, you cease to be human.

You folks salivating over the idea of the deaths of billions (not your deaths, only the undesirables) aren't talking about saving Earth. Earth doesn't give a damn. As far as we know, the only things that give a damn are people. Drop the *give a damn* from humans, and the species is worthless. I'd prefer to go with the other 90% than live with worthless scum.

It is for immoral people like yourselves that organized religion exists. Some apparently need the threat of an eternal spanking to keep them in line. As a species, we have not evolved enough to free ourselves from it.

Life won't cease to exist if we overpopulate and die out. It just won't include the likes of you. Maybe the next intelligent species that arises, millions of years from now, will piece together our follies and take a lesson from them.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
--S. Lewis
#11143 04/04/06 05:18 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Hear hear!

But I'm not sure I'd call Uncle Al and Easy Life immoral ... rather amoral and self-centered.

How quickly the lessons of history are lost. Today they advocate the removal of the undesirables. Tomorrow THEY will be the undesirables and it is they and theirs that will be fed to the ovens.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

DA Morgan
#11144 04/04/06 06:24 PM
U
Superstar
Superstar
U
Hey stupids, Uncle Al doesn't advocate the REMOVAL of anybody. Stop all State-mandated charity and the problem spontaneously resolves itself with zero effort and at zero cost. Think of it as evolution in action - a totally blind, non-discriminating, racially neutral selection of the deserving and the undeserving. Earn or starve. If you choose to place a large rapidly growing population in a desert, die. Don't come here illegally or we will kill you.

Do you maintain that Caucasians are intrinsically superior to Darkies, therefore the Darkies cannot compete without charity? White trash is invited to work or starve on an equal basis. So are Catholics on their knees before their gods as opposed to Protestants who bend their backs to create and secure a decent life. Northern Ireland is about demanded charity vs. earned goods. What "compromise" would you impose?

Where does it say that "compassion" is the root-level password to my wallet? YOU support Africa out of your own wallet. Uncle Al is going to purchase a standing rib roast for his own family using his own earnings.

A liberal feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he pays off with somebody else's money.

Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/
(Toxic URL! Unsafe for children and most mammals)
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/qz3.pdf
#11145 04/04/06 06:38 PM
J
J
All the world needs is widespread individual restraint by choice, restraint in both consumption and pregnancy (wisdom in action). Pianka is part of the education process that will someday be our saving grace.

~Justine~
#11146 04/04/06 07:31 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Quote:
Originally posted by soilguy:
When you lose your humanity, you cease to be human.

You folks salivating over the idea of the deaths of billions (not your deaths, only the undesirables) aren't talking about saving Earth. Earth doesn't give a damn. As far as we know, the only things that give a damn are people. Drop the *give a damn* from humans, and the species is worthless. I'd prefer to go with the other 90% than live with worthless scum.

It is for immoral people like yourselves that organized religion exists. Some apparently need the threat of an eternal spanking to keep them in line. As a species, we have not evolved enough to free ourselves from it.

Life won't cease to exist if we overpopulate and die out. It just won't include the likes of you. Maybe the next intelligent species that arises, millions of years from now, will piece together our follies and take a lesson from them.
Woah Boy!!! Listen to yourself will ya!!! Just take a step back and listen to the sound of unadulterated nonsense. Learn to think straight. Your words were grammatically correct but they still made no sense. Drop the anthropomorphic carp. Go on...Define Human...Define Humanity!!! "When you lose your humanity, you cease to be human." Please take back that meaningless drivel. Have it both ways if you want in your private little fantasy world, but don't try to push it on the rest of us. You admit on one hand that we're worthless and of no greater value than any other species and then you try and make a case for virtues like 'our humanity'. Crooked thinking if I've ever seen it. Just admit we're pieces of animated meat and let?s cull the herd ?cos it got too big. And why bring organized religion into the discussion?what, now you want to use it ?cos you can?t face the truth. Your thinking is all over the place. Ain?t nothing to do with religion.

And did you notice no one put a coherent argument to Uncle Al. You chose to go the weak and meaningless route and just attacked his 'humanity'. Well I attack your tenuous grip on reality. DO YOU HAVE AN ANSWER TO HIS STATEMENTS OTHER THAN FEELING AFFRONTED? No...didn't think so. Then stop whining.

Its So, Easy.

#11147 04/04/06 07:42 PM
Uncle Al:

My first comment, "Such a sweetheart," was directed toward Pianka's ideas. The second was in response to both Easy Life and his/her support of Pianka.

To be honest, I didn't read your rant until now. Unlike Easy and Pianka, who seem to be concerned with the global ecosystem, your main concern is evidently your wallet. It appears you missed the whole point.

--S. Lewis
#11148 04/04/06 07:46 PM
Easy Life: Spoken like a true sociopath.

--S. Lewis
#11149 04/04/06 07:49 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
The problem you guys don't seem to want to acknowlege (Uncle Al and now Easy Life) is that you won't be the one's determining the criteria by which decisions are made as to who goes into the ovens.

You might want to look up the origins of the phrase:
"The Revolution Consumes her Children"
CARP...If they hand me the Kool-Aid, I'll drink it. What makes you think I'm so special? What makes you think your special? You're just another gob suckling on the teat of this planets ever dwindling resources. What inalienable rights do you have, Mr Morgan?

Easy.

#11150 04/04/06 07:57 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Quote:
Originally posted by soilguy:
Easy Life: Spoken like a true sociopath.
Ah, that razor sharp riposte has certainly proven me wrong. More like the death rattle of the 'double thinker' unwilling to face reality. Don't waste 1s and 0s unless you have something worth writing.

Easy.

#11151 04/04/06 08:09 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Hahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!! You have admitted that we are no more miraculous than bacteria, and no more entitled to be called special than any other animal. So what do we do with rabbit populations when they run out of control...release myxomatosis, thats what. Now give me a good reason why we shouldn't cull Homo Sapiens in the same way as we do with Oryctolagus Cuniculus!!!!

Easy.

#11152 04/04/06 09:24 PM
If you can't understand what I wrote, the failing is not mine. Perhaps learning more than one definition of the word humanity would help.

Yes, we are animals. One of the few things that seperate us from the rest is our capacity for benevolence, IMO. You don't feel that way, and that's all fine and good, unless it becomes my problem. Pianka and his disciples sound as if they'd like it to be my problem.

I've said all I intend to say on this topic, and have no interest in joining you in your name-callng war. Bye.

--S. Lewis
#11153 04/04/06 11:01 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Easy Life wrote:
"Now give me a good reason why we shouldn't cull Homo Sapiens in the same way ...."

Only one? No problem.

Knock. Knock.
Let me see your papers
Your papers are not in order.
You need to come with me right now.

For others who can still be saved:
http://web.cecs.pdx.edu/~trent/ochs/lyrics/knock-on-the-door.html

DA Morgan
#11154 04/04/06 11:49 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Play your emotional Jewish card and I'll raise you. Now you tell me why at the least we shouldn't forcibly sterilize stupid and lazy people. The dunces are the ones breeding like rabbits in the Western world while we dutifully send them their welfare checks. Your taxes pay for stupid people to breed intelligence out of the population. Yeah that's so what we need...a world full of little Jorge Bush's.

Easy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.