Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#10871 03/22/06 05:48 PM
J
J
Well, I wouldn't necessarily look in asylums for answers to the Universe. Not that you wouldn't get a host of imaginative answers. There are no mystical answers found in psychosis, just the hell of confusion.

What I did find was a deep appreciation for sanity and our shared reality.

~Justine~
#10872 03/24/06 06:40 AM
J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
WHAT AM I MISSING HERE?

When I first found this Forum I was impressed with view points that had substance in them. Now I see one member constantly advising the moderator to delete the ideas of a few while the special member has a real fun time making fun of one and all. Some people here appear to be sincere. Some may not be to easily understand but that may be more a lacking of ours than of theirs. Some members are now more interested in taking pot shots at other members rather than engaging in intelligent discussion. I do wish to tell any moderator how to function, but from my viewpoint it would be most expedient and productive to delete ANY post or reply that was obviously nothing more than a coarse degrading viewpoint, an insulting vibe or an unresponsive and unrelated reference to politics, a particular politician or a particular political party.

What?s left after that may qualify as a Forum focused on scientific concepts and not left over childhood fixations? I have enjoyed this Forum to the extent it was possible to offer a viewpoint or discuss a topic with out personalities seeking confrontation. I will check in now and then to make as much trouble as my limited time permits. Keep the egotists coming? I may not know WHO owns this Site.
jjw

#10873 03/24/06 07:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no politics in Science and knowledge is sincere.

#10874 03/24/06 08:54 AM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
jjw wrote:
"When I first found this Forum I was impressed with view points that had substance in them. Now I see one member constantly advising the moderator to delete the ideas of a few ...."

dvk responded:
"There is no politics in Science and knowledge is sincere."

Which pretty much encapsulates the reason.

DA Morgan
#10875 03/24/06 09:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know it all depends on the level of thinking you have reached over the years.
In life you find all and therefore I am not surprised to see such interpretations.
Positive Energy is getting buried as an option.

#10876 03/24/06 09:17 AM
K
K
JJW, we certainly don't condone rude or ill-mannered behavior. Please let me know (via the private message thing) if you notice any.

We also don't delete posts based on what a "special member" might consider "inappropriate". If this is happening let me know and I'll deal with it.

#10877 03/24/06 03:56 PM
J
J
We do have some communication issues on this forum.
Some people are very focused on words and using their words exactly the way they are defined.
And then there's others of us who are sensitive to delivery and have to make a real effort to not take things personally in order to focus on the topics.
And then we have those of us that like to use esoteric jargon which completely baffles people who are trying to remain in the confines of exact language usage.
Kind of soupy, really.
I hope you still do contribute when you can, JJW. I like your perspectives. You're intelligent and curious and humble, too. Lots of great qualities smile You would be missed if you didn't post anymore.

~Justine~
#10878 03/25/06 09:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are ways to reach to a good conclusion and I see lot of scope in this forum. Whatever I said was left out with little logical reasoning..
I know the theory was left without mathematical details.. but frankly if you have reached to this level anyone of us can create those equations. I surely not intend to take all the credit because I spoke what we were collectively trying to achieve.. it happens and it had happened in the past as well..
take for example Newton's Calculus or Lorentz Transformation; both of were just about to happen when someone took credit and fame.
In the field of Knowledge and Consciousness in my opinion we are just floating on the same boat..we try to give words.. who succeeds is important but trivial... we know why individually and collectively also the equation remains the same. This is the reason I wish to bring the larger picture in to notice which is beautiful and very intelligent to satisfy our desires...undoubtedly I find it beyond the means of senses but bring substantial gain in the understanding without stating much..
Why this happens we all know.. In any experiment no data or picture remains absolutely identical to its past history.. but the good news is it can be fractally same. This is what I had intended to know from the experiment of Ball Impact...
Lets hold on to our faith in Science and remain open to new ideas even if they question some old philosophy ... western or eastern.

#10879 06/15/06 01:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I do not think I was correct and I withdraw the theory from the forum..
Lets face it...

#10880 06/15/06 09:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by dkv:
Well I do not think I was correct and I withdraw the theory from the forum..
Lets face it...
Glad you could stop by. Too bad you don't have anything of substance to add to the conversation. Please stick to Science and Science related subjects.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.