Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#10756 12/20/05 09:15 PM
B
bradp Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Over the last few years people have started to wonder if Einstein was a fake and a thief.What are your opinions on this.At school in the Netherlands my teacher always told us Einstein was a fake.

#10757 12/20/05 09:31 PM
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Always believe your teacher. Teachers are never mistaken. Don't bother trying to follow the reasoning that Einstein himself put forward. Trust in what your teacher has told you about Einstein.
That's the scientific method.

#10758 12/20/05 09:43 PM
B
bradp Offline OP
OP Offline
B
do you know anything about Einstein(1895-1917)??
if you check the facts and then check them again you will know that Einstein was a fake.do you know anything about the man that you didnt get from the news papers??check the facts then you tell me. please dont think everyone in Bern and the rest of europe are wrong and a few media related(still)people were correct. Facts open your eyes

#10759 12/20/05 10:00 PM
B
bradp Offline OP
OP Offline
B
ps Einstein never put anything forward in his name alone.The four papers 1905 were in his wifes name(as he was not a member of the cientific comunity and worked in a patent office in Bern after failing on three ocasions entering engerniering school(iq 104)failed math throughout his childhood on two ocasiones.
ps My teacher at the erasmus uni.is family of the person who did the first paper 1905 who could it be?? facts dont trust books

#10760 12/21/05 03:26 AM
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
1) facts aren't very useful without logic.
non sequiturs aren't correct logic.

2) unsubstantiated claims are NOT facts.

#10761 12/22/05 09:04 AM
J
J
From where do these stories about Einstein arise; for example, that he published in his wife's name, and that he failed courses etc.? They are just not true! Einstein brought about a paradigm shift in physics. As we know from history such a person is ALWAYS at first treated with disbelief and contempt. But it is already a hundred years ago, and his theories on the special theory of relativity and the photo electric effect have been experimentally vindicated time and again. Give the man the credit he deserves as one of the greatest theoretical physicists that ever lived; on par with Newton and Maxwell.

#10762 12/22/05 03:16 PM
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Johnny,

There is some question about how much credit to give Einstein's wife. While the first published accounts listed only Einstein's name, there were some early russian translations that included his wife's name.

Some experts convened to try to sort this out and could not decide conclusively one way or the other.

Einstein never had trouble with math; however, he did have trouble with the foreign language requirements on at least one entrance exam. He also had trouble with authority in school and it was sometimes the case that other students lost respect for their teacher because of Einstein's presence.

As early as 14 he was asking himself (in his journals) the sorts of questions that would lead him eventually to discover relativity.

There are some kooks who have claimed repeatedly - with no evidence - that Einstein's wife did all the work. There is zero evidence for this. Einstein's professor knew him and respected him. Einstein's peers knew him and respected him. There is some question of his wife's involvement and contribution. There is NO reasonable question about Einstein's contributions.

BTW, my #2 in the above post should read
"2) unsubstantiated claims are NOT facts"
I'm sure you understood, but on the net one can never be sure exactly how far someone might go in attempts to misconstrue a point.

#10763 12/22/05 08:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fallible Fiend,
One of the powers of this forum is that you are able to go back and edit your own posts. If you want to change that statement, just click on the editing icon and have at it. A mistake can be easily corrected that way. It's a nice feature more people here should use to ensure they say what they mean to say. It's the closest thing to "DWIM"ware we have.

Amaranth

See, I had to fix a typo myself. Bad fingers!

#10764 12/22/05 08:09 PM
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
AR,
thanks for the pointer. I attempted that, but it only allows one to edit the post within some time frame. Unfortunately, I got the message that I was no longer able to edit when I attempted.

#10765 12/22/05 08:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not know there was a limited time. Do you wish me to go back and correct it for you?

#10766 12/22/05 10:17 PM
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Yes, thanks,
k

#10767 12/23/05 03:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FF:
It's a done deal. PM me if you need anything else.

Amaranth

#10768 12/23/05 09:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ps Einstein never put anything forward in his name alone.The four papers 1905 were in his wifes name(as he was not a member of the cientific comunity and worked in a patent office in Bern after failing on three ocasions entering engerniering school(iq 104)failed math throughout his childhood on two ocasiones.
REP: Is it bad to put your wife's name?Whether you agree or not so many people do it including me.!!
=====================================
ps My teacher at the erasmus uni.is family of the person who did the first paper 1905 who could it be?? facts dont trust books
REP:There is no need to doubt what he said. He is already under close scrutiny.

#10769 12/23/05 01:52 PM
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
One doesn't have to "trust books." Annalen der Physik has actual copies you can go look at. Her name is not on them.

As I said, however, there exists a Russian translation that includes his wife's name. He *DID* do research with her. We know this very well. We do not know the extent to which she worked with him, but she certainly never claimed to have done work with him.

Though Einstein was a patent clerk, he had enormously impressed his professor. He and his wife had already done research on capillary action and while not exactly well-known, was at least well-respected in a small circle because of this earlier work.

#10770 12/23/05 08:21 PM
B
bradp Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I dont think Einsteins wife should get credit for the early papers as much as Einstein they stole everything(I think most in europe will agree, Hawkins does!)It was very strange for some one like Einstein to try and cover up his school records (1914) and then blame the loss(1920)on the war but he forgot something.Grades were from 1 to 10 with 6 passing and 5 not.with four 5?s somer school to up grade two of the four 5 to 5.6 or above.Einstein had a 5 for math with 12years and 14years old.these records are there for all to see.

#10771 12/23/05 08:58 PM
B
bradp Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I ask you this who would you say in order has the highest IQ Rumsfeld,Bush jr,Rice or Schultz??? and these four Stern,Einstein,Maric or Plank?? get the picture?? Hawkins did lorentz,Poincare and Paul Dirac did and thats just to name a few.Its easy to hide behind the whole nazi thing or the jewish thing so suggest go straight to the core records in Bern and Zurich and for the boffs look in to what he did in Italy.It all seems a bit fishy to me

#10772 12/23/05 10:22 PM
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
"get the picture?"
No, I don't.

"It all seems a bit fishy to me"

I do not doubt that this all seems mysterious and suspicious to you.

Vague, unsubstantiated statements are not facts.

Suspicions are not reasoning. You and bazza are a lot better at talking about science than you are about practicing it. (And probably most people - including you two - are better at talking about logic than they are at practicing it.)

#10773 12/23/05 10:56 PM
B
bradp Offline OP
OP Offline
B
do you ever answer anything?? or are you insearch of logic that others have and information others have given.I think you miss the point but I am sure you could find many ways of explaining the meaning of point. I agree that I have not added to this forum but I would also say I have not seen anything original from yourself and If you truly believe you have something to offer..I suggest you start doing it

#10774 12/23/05 11:03 PM
B
bradp Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I would also like to say I am sorry I can not express myself that well in your lingo but I am getting better as I write. I thank you for that.
Brad Peters

#10775 12/24/05 05:56 AM
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
I'm don't care about originality. We're not scientists looking for precendence here - at least I don't think we are.

We're looking for positive evidence that Einstein was a fraud. Not inuendo. Not claims.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.