Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
#10550 12/24/05 03:33 AM
A
A
Bradp,
No I'm not a teacher. Come on dude, you need to be a little more supportive of teachers. If you have not seen what your postings look like on a "Normal" display, maybe you should try to check it out. Maybe visit a friend who has a PC or go to a library and log in there.
Your postings are just a little hard to read. I like to see a little structure to what I read. That's all.

#10551 12/24/05 03:36 AM
A
A
Wait a minute, did you not say you made millions?
get a PC or a Mac. Then learn how to use them and post wonderfully structured postings. How's that?

#10552 12/24/05 03:51 AM
B
B
sorry Only have this with me.looks very much like a text message but I think its not all me some letters change to caps and periods change I dont think its all my fault.Its a sony clie th55(palm) anyone help?? Maybe Its the Einstein and Nasa people. I do think some of you poeple have a bad attitude and that has really shocked me.Most smart people I have met are not insulting and on the defensive and seem open and interested(at any level)Cant go to a library or one of my companies as I am in Candanchu.

#10553 12/24/05 03:54 AM
J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
Reply to Bazza:

First and foremost I am patriotic and I do respond to sources that accuse my country of fraud with a little less that total indifference. Now getting to your multiple items of accusation I went through them. Too much space is required to answer each supposition.
1) I filmed the events at home from my TV. The glare was exceptional. Stars could easily be turned off for a camera view.
2) Who says ?pure oxygen? was used. Too dangerous and best diluted for conservation and re-circulated. Your camera argument serves naught.
3) You say no dust but yet dust for a foot print. A foot print was made.
4) Rockets contain all chemicals required to burn, including oxygen.
5) You want air required for a footprint. Displacement of particles works.
6) You argue improvement of equipment is detrimental, why?
7) Probably due to the effect of shadows.
8) Curved surfaces can create non-parallel shadows.
9) Some sloppy grip got there first- or they are not ?c?s.
0) It would have to due to whip location. Not a director?s oversight.
1) Why do you consider some science fiction movie relevant?
2) NASA would dare and they did dare.
3) Your gravity picture may itself be in error. ? was estimated.
4) This is purely your subjective observation of the facts.
5) Your conclusion of the effects of gravity on the Moon errs. Surface gravity is the measure of falling objects and that is where you get the 1/6th. On surface can differ.
6) You want to say no to 12 men going to the Moon with out proof.
7) You?re speculating again. Give the people credit for knowing.
8) You simply ask questions that contain no scientific merit.
9) If you are correct they must still be in the LEM, are they?
0) Possibly, if your contention is correct, NASA worked it out?
1) I think you are at fault here. Some flutter is not beyond reason.
2) This implies an astronaut was making a joke, if he did, so what?
3) This item begs rejection. You tell us why some person resigns.
4) Astronomers have been bouncing lasers from the mirrors we left.
5) You are reckless with conclusions. This is irrelevant argument.
6) Film evidence! Any USA news agency would buy it if for real.
7) You suggest documents were destroyed. Logically this means?

You are welcome to believe as you wish. You can not carry your burden of proof by supposition and conjecture. Much more could be discussed, like your air pressure item of 5psi to a tire at possibly 30psi. Anyway I am too busy for this. jjw

#10554 12/24/05 03:55 AM
B
B
You do know candanchu??Do you want me to come down to this level? What is it you do??

#10555 12/24/05 04:45 AM
J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
bradp:

I suspect your reply was meant for some one else. I respond just to clarify. I find that Candanchu is a ski resort in Spain. Enjoy and make a long visit.
jjw

#10556 12/24/05 05:01 AM
A
A
Bradp,
If you only have access to the clie, then that's fine with me. Let's get back to the topic.
Do you really believe that the moon landings were hoaxed? If you do believe that, why?

#10557 12/24/05 04:31 PM
B
B
I am not sure they were real.I have my doubts based on a few simple assumptions.I have studied the USA?s way of manipulating the masses for the last 20 years(the best) I found it hard to believe they realy wanted to go to the moon.Kennedy was desperate after falling behind in the cold war(propaganda) and more important Kennedy needed to win the elections and that was not going to be easy with Vietnam at its peak.This does not prove anything but it is the real reason wy this project started and I think it should be kept in mind throughout.There was so much at stake.Here is what I have a problem with.

#10558 12/24/05 04:52 PM
B
B
Kennedy could not pass a bill to fund the project but settled for half(less money than other projects because like today, the money was being pumpt into the war)It srikes me if nothing else odd that Russia and eurospace could not get there projects of the ground for lack of funds(Russia 7 fold Eurspace 14fold that of the USA)The top russians and europeans(most french and Indian British)could not get the project of the ground for 7 or 14 times the funds the USA had used.My brother used to work for Eurospace and I ask him why they didnt want to send someone to the moon.He said there was no way they could come up with that kind of money and that the Chinees or USA would get there first.I ask him if he thought the moon landing was a hoax.He laughed as if were a child.

#10559 12/24/05 05:05 PM
B
B
He told me they had still not even got the spacesuits right(something he was working on).In the late 60`s the russians repeatedly said it was a hoaxbut their the russians so why should we listern.I could go into more detail but I am lazy.NASA has said of late they will be short on funding from 2008 and unless they get an extra 2bilion year there is no way they will put a foot on the moon before 2020(total 35b-50b usd)
They are starting from scratch.

#10560 12/24/05 05:19 PM
B
B
I ask why they dont use the spaceshuttle with a lander inside and he said the first problem is protecting the crew and that had not been solved allthough they were nearly there.
Alot of the points put earlier by bazza I think it was are typical contamination(maybe NASA).
I do find it strange if nothing nasa are working there socks of on how to get man into Space safely(more than 500miles)
I am not sure it was real but that is only based on my understanding of funding and the opinions of my brother.What do you think??

#10561 12/24/05 10:03 PM
J
J
I have to say that the evidence falls on the side of a hoax. There are too many inconsistancies across such a broad range. I would not accept these explanations when dealing with other subjects.

#10562 12/26/05 06:30 AM
A
A
Bazza,
You might be out Christmasing or so. I'm looking forward to your response.

Brapdp,
You seem to be interested in political games and their history. As far as the moonlanding, you must undestand that if it was hoaxed, then the american government needed to control THE WORLD. Not only people in the USA itself. This will end my discussion with you in this matter.

#10563 12/26/05 06:53 AM
A
A
jeff wrote:
"I would not accept these explanations when dealing with other subjects."

Well, that's brilliant jeff. Staying focused on one subject and try not to get explanations for other subjects get in your way for the current one.
Sorry. No answer requested, I just could not resist.

#10564 12/26/05 06:51 PM
B
B
A.Lurker "need to control the world" hello!!! can you name a place they have not tryed to control?????????? Oh my! I think your write this should not go any further.

#10565 12/26/05 06:54 PM
B
B
ps I do think the USA should control some as the UN is there there to make money for the rich.Have a nice holiday

#10566 12/26/05 11:14 PM
H
H
Why do Americans have to insult everyone? why call people "idiots" "knuckleheads" etc? are your arguments so fragile you must resort to insults?

#10567 12/27/05 01:43 AM
J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
Habib:

At times sheer frustration can cause anyone to lapse from the normal and reply with an insult. Frustration borne of poorly documented accusations of fraud or of alleged hoax against your country or its scientists is a perfect example of conduct that may warrant such a response. Do you think it is less objectionable for me to say you are an idiot (I never would) than for you to say my people and my country is a fraud or dishonest. This is a distinction that I do not see worth debate.

Please read the assertions that have been made to see for yourself if they are offered in the sense of scientific discussion or are framed in the nature of libel and slander. If you agree with them that is fine with me but I hope you will have better reason to do so.
jjw

#10568 12/27/05 06:05 PM
H
H
Its no excuse to insult someone just because they do not agree with what you say. It's no wonder so few people stay with this site. I am now checking out and will seek out a genuine science group that does not insult and bully its contributors.

#10569 12/27/05 07:25 PM
J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
habib:

You must follow your own course.

You leave me with the impression that you believe it is acceptable to accuse one of fraud or creating hoaxes but not to call someone an idiot. The former implies criminal conduct while the latter only implies diminished mental skills.
I hope you find what you seek.
jjw

Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.