Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
dvk asks:
"Can you find more logical flaws in the Movie?

Of course not. Given enough LSD anyone can lose contact with reality. The operative phrase here is "lose contact with."

DA Morgan
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Logical flaws in the movie? Take your pick!
First of all, the Matrix is a program right, well, unless the programmer programmed it so that if you don't believe in the laws they don't apply to you, there is no real reason why Neo should have his powers. Did the programmer do that? Please tell me.
DKV: No he didnt do that intentionally according to the Movie it is the valid consequence of the method of programming.You say Neo was the side effect.
===========================================
Secondly, the way people bleed from their mouth in the real world is when they get shot in the matrix is ridiculous. It's physically impossible.
DKV: Its not all that impossible. Have you ever got frigthend to death in your dreams?
Havent you seen people dying because of shock without any actual physical event.Poisonless Snake Bite can kill most of us.Simply because body and mind believes in what it sees blindly and correlates it his or her understanding.Bleeding can be due extreme mental condition. Notice that a bullet shot is not reflected on the real body.

BTW, my problem is with the technology of Machines. They look inferior in every sense.
Second I dont see any real Incentive given to the 'saved' ones.
Third , With all the mind blowing stunts I do not see any real life protrayal of the less priviledged people.
Fourth ,All this is simply not possible using a Phone line.All the physical information can not travel in a Space Time without experiencing some loss unless the medium of Transmission is Quantified. Either whole of Neo should have gone or None.Which means Quantifying the Information content of Neo.
Thus the real question it asks is Can we Quatify Our Information in such way that it can transmitted using a Normal Telephone Line?

The movie adds more Information to Neo but fails to show the loss of Information.

Cheers

R
RM Offline
Superstar
Superstar
R
Well, here's another one; when they're all having the conversation about why everything tastes like chicken -load of crap. I quote (not accurately) "Maybe they didn't know what to make everything tase like...and that's why everything tastes like chicken"
The reason things taste as they do is because of the chemicals in the thing in question.

Another flaw; why go in to the matrix and risk your neck when you can just program an army to do all the dirty work for you?

Yet another flaw; why do they give a damn if they are in the matrix? The real world in that film is crap.

B
Superstar
OP Offline
Superstar
B
Another flaw; why go in to the matrix and risk your neck when you can just program an army to do all the dirty work for you?

REP: The army will be bound by logic. There was the idea in the film that no matter how strong the Agents were, they could be defeated by human intuition, creativity and logical unpredictability.

Regards,

Blacknad.

R
RM Offline
Superstar
Superstar
R
but that's a load of crap. Garry Kasparov (chess champion) got beaten by deep blue (a computer) -twice I think.
Anyway, back to the matrix, such a good simulation would be able to replicate all that human intuition etc... there's really not that much to it.
Lo and behold, we have found yet another flaw in the movie!

R
RM Offline
Superstar
Superstar
R
Another flaw; what's to say the so called 'real world' isn't the matrix and their matrix isn't a matrix within a matrix? Surely someone, somewhere should have thought of this.

P.S. I will stop posting flaws in the movie now.

J
J
Read the post "We exist in a computer program" at the origin board.

And yes, the matrix plug will become possible at one point. But none of us will ever experience it. Jump in the freezer for a couple of centuries.

Johan VS

-Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a raindance.
R
RM Offline
Superstar
Superstar
R
we won't need a plug. see the sony are working on vr systems topic.

B
B
I think I actually agree with DA Morgan aka the "Crusher" on this one. The only way I could connect reality with the movie "The Matrix" is by visiting my local crack house.

Now where did my invisible purple rhino go ?

R
RM Offline
Superstar
Superstar
R
I disagree with you. It makes nothing but sense to think that if the electronic pulses in our brain are manipulated in a certain way -using waves or some electronic device- we can have an alternative 'reality'. After all, isn't this what drugs do -mess around with the brains chemistry and in turn change the flow of electronic pulses? The difference is that with VR systems the mainpulation is controlled.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.