Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
#10262 11/09/05 11:37 PM
E
E
Quote:
Originally posted by Sam:
i don't know, if it is really possible to increase IQ up to 40% as they say.
It is a hoax, in a sense that your score might change a little, but not your IQ

e smile s

#10263 11/10/05 02:02 AM
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Your score IS your IQ. But your intelligence probably hasn't increased - just your awareness of those kinds of problems.

IQ is probably not a good reflection of intelligence - any more than knowing how to solve problems in probability.

#10264 11/10/05 11:24 PM
P
P
extrasense, Isn't it funny that you and I have the same rating on this forum?

#10265 11/10/05 11:37 PM
E
E
Quote:
Originally posted by Philege:
extrasense, Isn't it funny that you and I have the same rating on this forum?
and some sense of humor too wink

es

#10266 12/14/05 05:56 PM
R
RM Offline
Superstar
Superstar
R
it's not funny. You are both worthy of your rating. Philege, why should you believe that "once you go over the brink, your IQ starts to reverse"?

#10267 12/15/05 12:29 AM
L
L
Perhaps Einstein was conducting the same experiment!

"A plague on both your houses!"
#10268 12/15/05 10:34 PM
P
P
it's not funny. You are both worthy of your rating. Philege, why should you believe that "once you go over the brink, your IQ starts to reverse"?

Well Rob, if you carry on trying to boost your IQ, you may find yourself getting stupider by the minute. Try it and see, you're half way there already.

#10269 12/16/05 12:10 AM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Pot <=> Kettle <=> Black

DA Morgan
#10270 12/16/05 01:23 PM
E
E
Quote:
Originally posted by Philege:
Well Rob, if you carry on trying to boost your IQ, you may find yourself getting stupider by the minute. Try it and see, you're half way there already.
I like this

e wink s

#10271 12/17/05 02:55 AM
B
Superstar
Superstar
B
Well Rob, if you carry on trying to boost your IQ...

- How is he trying to boost his IQ?

...you may...

- Oh, so I take it he may not.

...find yourself getting stupider by the minute...

- What? Actually by the minute. What doesn't happen by the minute, or fraction of a minute? Or are you saying that he ratches up another couple of IQ points loss on the minute, every minute?

...Try it and see, you're half way there already.

- If he is half way there already, then obviously he has already tried it. Whatever IT is. And halfway to what? Oh, you mean halfway to getting supider by the minute - so he hasn't as yet become any more stupid - he still has another half to go, of doing whatever it is that he's doing - and then the stupidness will start to kick in.

Rob, I don't know what it is you are doing to boost your IQ, but you need to stop it now, because once you hit the point where your IQ starts to reduce, it's going to happen pretty quickly by the looks of it - by the minute. If we surmise that the loss will run at one point a minute, within a couple of hours you could be down to the IQ of a dog and if you're stupid enough to persist, (which I presume you now will be), you will rapidly progress to the point where you literally have no IQ.

But that won't be all bad. You too will be able to compose statements like this:

'Well Rob, if you carry on trying to boost your IQ, you may find yourself getting stupider by the minute. Try it and see, you're half way there already.'

Philege, try to stop insulting people. You do it often and it says more about you than the person you insult. I presume you are still young, and you will hopefully learn that there are better ways to communicate.

Regards,

Blacknad.

#10272 12/20/05 08:39 PM
B
B
It is easy to learn words, its easy to use words to your advantage but to think those words are your own is stupid.AD morgan has a problem with his/her iQ(not so clever,smart ect..)I would put money on Rob but I dont bet. sorry if english is not so good.

#10273 12/20/05 08:46 PM
B
B
the last time I did a IQ test I had every quest. correct and way within the time since I have been invited to think tanks.Just goes to show spend a little time studing IQ test and everyone thinks your smart.How many dumb people are there out there.If your believe in Einstein(IQ 104 1898) you are one of them.just made these words my own

#10274 12/21/05 10:07 PM
P
P
Philege, try to stop insulting people. You do it often and it says more about you than the person you insult. I presume you are still young, and you will hopefully learn that there are better ways to communicate.

Regards,

Blacknad.

Oh Blacknad, the knight in a [content deleted of shining armour, Rob has insulted me several times without a squeak or even a [content deleted] from you, I presume then that you have also been spending minutes trying to boost your IQ so you are also approaching the dog level that's why you can't see further than your nose. By the way you have insulted many other persons on this forum and in more ways than one especially with your views on Atheism. Rob asked me a silly question so I gave him an even sillier answer!

#10275 12/23/05 12:00 AM
J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
There is a need for more tolerance on some topics. I am not a selected arbitrator here but such an appointment seems to be called, for some one to help.

I recall in my youth young men that were not as yet educated that had innate talents comprising much of geometry. They were pool sharks. I was a pool player trying to avoid being pool bait. The multiple angels and potential contortions of a sphere when propelled from ball to ball and cushion to ball would be enough to make Newton hesitate. A few of these friends of mind could take one glance at the layout and then execute the proper position from which to put the entire sequence into action. They had the potential for winning almost all the time but the field had ingredients that were beyond anticipation. Some balls are not perfect spheres, some cushions were more resilient than others and humidity might affect the resistance of the table cloth.

I do not think my competitors had the same IQ that I had to start with but they had intelligence which, because of where they applied it made them winners. I was a hustler of some merit but not up to their skills.

The point here is that being courteous may be more important than either innate intelligence or a high IQ. You may find that more thoughtful replies will enlarge your image. None of my business but I had nothing else to do.
jjw

#10276 12/23/05 07:48 PM
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Dear jj,

There is a substantial population of people who demand respect and refuse to give it; who are eager to give offense and eager to take it; who praise in themselves what they abhor in others; and who cherish above all else the right to be obnoxious with impunity. It is inevitable that some number of them will find their way onto The Net, that great soapbox upon which anyone might shout into a passing and indifferent crowd.

#10277 12/24/05 12:56 PM
P
P
Blacknad.

I apologise for the foul remarks, please forgive me and I will try never to do it again. It was very unchristian of me.

#10278 12/24/05 08:44 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
"very unchristian" ... what a fascinating phrase.

Apparently intended to indicate that Jews, Buddhists, Muslims, Animists, and others are free of all civil constraints and can behave in as foul a manner as they wish? Hey they're all going to hell anyway so what the .....

The self-serving hypocrisy of self-proclaimed Christians never fails to amaze me. But what the hell ... just pray for forgiveness and you will be forgiven to misbehave again and again and again and again. What a wonderful world.

DA Morgan
#10279 12/24/05 08:58 PM
E
E
Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
"very unchristian" ... Apparently intended to indicate that Jews, Buddhists, Muslims, Animists, and others are free of all civil constraints and can behave in as foul a manner
You certainly are missing civil constraints, twisting Philege words.

I guess you are Jew-Animist laugh

ES

#10280 12/26/05 10:59 PM
R
RM Offline
Superstar
Superstar
R
"Pot <=> Kettle <=> Black"

REP: Pot <=>/ Kettle <=>/ Black

Legend:
<= :is implied by
=> :implies
<=> : implies and is implied by

*any of the above followed by a / means does not...

#10281 12/27/05 09:49 AM
B
Superstar
Superstar
B
Philege,

No problems - thanks for the apology - especially when I was without grace as well.

I think you meant UnChristlike - He exemplifies the way in which we should relate to each other, (not exclusive to Christians) - my mocking of your IQ statements was hardly in line with that.

Regards,

Blacknad.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.