Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
#10282 12/29/05 09:56 PM
L
L
Hey, where can I sign up to take part in this experiment?!?

"A plague on both your houses!"
#10283 12/30/05 09:05 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
I make no claims that the invisible purple rhinoceros forgives anyone or anything.

But Christlike? Now there's another turn of a phrase. An entire church created to glovify the suffering of one man who had a really bad day.

But not nearly as painful as that experienced by the average cancer patient, day-after-day, for a period of years.

When the lazy self-aggrandizing [content deleted] wishes to make another appearance I'd like to suggest a real opportunity for suffering for him. How about bone cancer?

DA Morgan
#10284 12/30/05 09:23 PM
P
P
I make no claims that the invisible purple rhinoceros forgives anyone or anything.

But Christlike? Now there's another turn of a phrase. An entire church created to glovify the suffering of one man who had a really bad day.

But not nearly as painful as that experienced by the average cancer patient, day-after-day, for a period of years.

When the lazy self-aggrandizing [content deleted] wishes to make another appearance I'd like to suggest a real opportunity for suffering for him. How about bone cancer?

I warn you D A Morgan, remember what happens to those who blaspheme against the Holy Spirit, the Paraclete. Please do not offend us Christians by referring to our saviour in that way. May [content deleted] forgive you.

#10285 12/31/05 08:06 AM
E
E
Quote:
Originally posted by Philege:
remember what happens to those who blaspheme against the Holy Spirit
It can not be worse than what has had already happen to mr Morgan: he lost his mind and decency.

es

#10286 12/31/05 01:16 PM
B
B
Maybe Morgan is commenting from the frustration of experience. I am very sorry if that is the case. It would be silly to agree (with the obvious).
its obvious !!!!! Morgan 1 - Jesus 0

#10287 12/31/05 01:22 PM
B
B
Blaspheme, Blaspheyou, Blaspheverybody! (E.Izzard)

#10288 12/31/05 10:17 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Dear Philege:

You really do need to get into contact with reality.

Your entity, according to your beliefs, killed every person on an entire planet save one family, many of those drowned innocent just born infants. Then for an encore slaughtered every male in an entire country, innocent as well as guilty. And then, to get its sick pleasure, it invented painful diseases like AIDS, malaria, leukemia, and bone cancer. Summing it all up in a book in which it boasts of its evil and sadistic behaviours.

What Philege would be the punishment we, as a civilized society, would visit upon one of our own that did such things? A trial at The Hague? Conviction? :ife in prison without possibility of parole or probation? I think so. Though personally, should we ever catch the deceitful genocidal maniac, I would not only suport the death penalty ... I would personally stand up and volunteer to carry it out.

So help me out here Philege ... in warning me ... are you throwing your lot in with the biggest master of sadism and genocide known to the entire universe? Seems that way to me.

DA Morgan
#10289 12/31/05 10:30 PM
P
P
I warn you D A Morgan, remember what happens to those who blaspheme against the Holy Spirit, the Paraclete. Please do not offend us Christians by referring to our saviour in that way. May [content deleted] forgive you

Amaranth Rose, how come you deleted what I wrote, which was not offensive but you leave D.A. Morgans filthy swearing [content deleted]on the site. He is referring to Jesus, how can you allow this?

#10290 12/31/05 10:40 PM
P
P
By the way do you give candy to your children when they disobey you (If you have any)

#10291 12/31/05 10:41 PM
P
P
Beware lest the [content deleted] allows the wicked one to consume you. You have been warned!

#10292 01/01/06 12:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To all forum netizens:
You have been warned before. Comments that are off topic will be deleted. Comments that contain certain alpha strings will be edited and/or deleted. If you wish to make comments on those matters there is ONE thread for all of that and this is not it.

You can cut out the threats and the namecalling too.

I will defend to the death your right to express yourselves WITHIN THE GUIDELINES OF THIS FORUM. NO EXCEPTIONS.

"Amaranth"

#10293 01/02/06 11:30 AM
R
RM Offline
Superstar
Superstar
R
Chris Maxwell,
Do you get as annoyed when people insult Sherlock Holmes, Ganesh, Homer Simpson, your intelligence?

#10294 01/02/06 07:28 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Chris ... I'm not insulting anyone dead or alive. I am stating the truth ... and telling the truth is neither an insult nor a sin in any relgion or culture.

This is a science forum ... and now that you have been sufficiently baited ... as in any other game of poker ... I call.

Did the entity you believe in murder every living person on the planet with the exception of members of a single family ... including innocent new-born children ... Yes or No?

Did the entity you believe in murder every first born male in an entire country ... including innocent new-born children ... Yes or No?

Did the entity you believe in, as creator of the universe, also create bone cancer? How about childhood leukemia? How about AIDS? Malaria? ... Yes or No?

Hypocrites are welcome to expound at length about what is wrong with me. Those with integrity are welcome to attempt to justify the murder of new-born infants.

Commit genocide?
That you defend!
Point out that the emperor has no clothes?
Oooooh that is an insult indeed.

DA Morgan
#10295 01/03/06 03:17 PM
Those with great IQ's have less concentration

#10296 01/03/06 05:39 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
I saw the movie the "Silence of the Lambs" ... what methinks we have here is the silence of the hypocrites.

Come on now Philege. Won't you stand up and defend the intentional, wanton, and senseless act of killing newborn children? Or the creation of every disease in the universe? Surely, as a true believer, you can do it. Don't be shy now ... surely it is your calling as defender of the faith.

DA Morgan
#10297 01/03/06 07:09 PM
M
M
DA,

At the risk of incurring your wrath, do you honestly believe you know what the truth is?

I have an excellent magnet on the refrigerator in my garage that says:

'Believe in those who seek the truth. Beware those who claim to have found it'

As an instructor of non-major Biology I have taught a general form of evolution for the past 5 years and only recently was questioned by a collegue (not associated with the particular community college) about my views on intelligent design.

At first I was vehemently against such a suggestion as it struck close to my athiestic leanings. But since I have cooled down I have had to ask myself if it is at all possible that ID was the way things happened. And I have concluded that it is unknown, just like the roots of evolution.

So, in my next set of lectures I imagine I will allude to ID as a possibility but not one that will be concentrated on in this class and leave it at that.

Also, even though I espouse athiestic beliefs, I know when the **** hits the fan, deep in my soul it is very hard not to reach out for some sort of helping hand (imagined or not).

In sum, I'm on your side of this discussion, but without the phlegm.

cheers,

mark

#10298 01/03/06 08:44 PM
P
P
I saw the movie the "Silence of the Lambs" ... what methinks we have here is the silence of the hypocrites.

Come on now Philege. Won't you stand up and defend the intentional, wanton, and senseless act of killing newborn children? Or the creation of every disease in the universe? Surely, as a true believer, you can do it. Don't be shy now ... surely it is your calling as defender of the faith.

Okay Mr. Morgan, I will defend the faith. What is the common denominator in both the events you write about. In both cases the people who incurred the wrath of the Almighty were warned again and again of the consequences of disobedience to the Word of God. They chose to defy Our Heavenly Father and received just punishment. This is the Creator we are speaking about. If you create something that becomes worthless to you what do you do. God created us for His purpose not for our own. Therefore if He wants us to do anything, I mean anything, we are obliged to do this. To understand why things are this way we must go back to the beginning. Man was under sentence of death due to Adam and Eve's disobedience, but God sought a way for us back to Him. The earth and everything in it was divorced from the heavenly realms due to Adam and Eve. Now to understand who causes the destruction and death on earth we must understand who is ruling the earth. Remember when satan took Jesus to the top of a High mountain and showed him all the kingdoms. He claimed that he would give all these to Jesus if He bowed down and worshipped him. Satan claimed that the earth was under his control. So now you can see who is the destroyer of men, giving God all the blame. But God will restore and can restore everything once the devil and his angels have had all their chance to prove they can rule this earth better than God. Then the day of Judgment will come, and those who have continually proved to be worthless will get their reward. Pharoah of Egypt chose to defy God, therefore he is to blame not God. If he had rightly let God's people go, nothing would have happened to him. He chose to kneel before stone idols and cry for help to them. No can you Mr. Morgan deny that when you do something wrong it affects you. If you deny that then you are a liar, inherently all men know deep inside what is wrong and what is right, and they know they have a choice, and they know that the choice has consequences, either favorable or not favorable. It is like the law of men. You know it is wrong to be a pedophile, or a thief or a murderer. If you commit these acts what do you expect to happen to you. It is no different with the Laws of God.

#10299 01/03/06 08:50 PM
P
P
As for disease, the health laws prescribed in the Bible have been proven to be the best for mankind. God told His people how to avoid disease and unhealthy living. Man has chose his way and again with obvious consequences. Read the law of Moses, and you will see that God put in place healthy practices to avoid disease.

#10300 01/03/06 10:54 PM
B
Superstar
Superstar
B
Thanks Amaranth.

Regards,

Blacknad.

#10301 01/04/06 12:01 AM
P
P
Has it ever occurred to any of you that ID (intelligent design) could refer to design of human beings by a god or gods other than the Judeo-Christian god? There are many references in ancient writings to "gods" coming down from the sky.
The Great Pyramid at Giza looks exactly like a nuclear breeder reactor if the interior is studied closely. The ancient Egyptians could not have built it. We don't have the technology to build it today. So, could it have been engineered by "someone" from off planet? Someone that would have looked like "gods" to the ancient people? Someone who could have used the product of a nuclear breeder reactor?
I am an atheist, but I believe in the possibility of Intelligent Design.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.