Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online
0 registered (), 210 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Is there anybody out there?
by paul
12/07/19 03:58 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
True 1
paul 1
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
#10342 - 08/18/06 11:46 PM Re: IQ and Intelligence
Wolfman Offline

Loc: Pago Pago, American Samoa
So right, DA. I remember reading a report that supported that line of thought back in the '60's. Some Socialogists had devised a non-verbal test that "measured" a person's Problem Solving Ability as well as Adaptability Level. Administered to various groups all over the Planet (Hey, I wish I was in on that study!) They determined that the ethnic group with the highest Problem Solving and Adaptability Quotient WAS.....the Inuit of Canada's High Arctic.

Years later, I damn near hit one of those guys while he Jay-walked right in front of me in Yellowknife, so I don't know how viable the test was.

#10343 - 08/18/06 11:48 PM Re: IQ and Intelligence
dehammer Offline
Megastar

I agree with da here. i can proably run math circles around most here, but throw a few chemistry things at me and you might as well be talking ancient Sanskrit. i just cant understand a lot of them. dont know why, just cant.

#10344 - 08/19/06 08:30 PM Re: IQ and Intelligence
DA Morgan Offline
Megastar

Loc: Seattle, WA
Wolfman ... it is about bell curves. The guy you almost hit ... far left. You'll note the other Inuits were smart enough to hide when they saw you coming. ;-)

#10345 - 08/21/06 12:30 AM Re: IQ and Intelligence
Wolfman Offline

Loc: Pago Pago, American Samoa
I'm serious, it's the closest I've ever come to hitting a pedestrian. Broad daylight, a foot of snow on the ground, visibility was not a problem. I was backing out of a Parking Stall and he stepped right in front of me, looking the wrong way. A lot of Northern Inuit come down to Yellowknife, it's the administrative center for the NWT. Later, my aunt, a Social Worker up there, shrugged it off saying, "Oh yeah, you gotta watch those people from "Up North" they're clueless about traffic".

#10346 - 08/21/06 03:56 AM Re: IQ and Intelligence
DA Morgan Offline
Megastar

Loc: Seattle, WA
Likely she was correct. No doubt that Inuit would have watched you approach a bear, camerca in hand, and thought ... well lets just say something remarkably similar.

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10

Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor
Facebook

We're on Facebook
Join Our Group

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.