Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
OP Offline
P
My speculation about proton shape was moved from the Science board over to the "speculations, religion, origins" board. Okay by me.

I hate to see DA Morgan go; we were in 92.5% agreement that Lithium has 3 protons. If he wants to stay with the Linus Pauling belief that electrons orbit the nucleus and electrons form chemical bonds, that is his choice. But, if chemical bonds are actually formed in the absence of electrons, then the counting of protons and neutrons becomes quite different from the current, standard procedure.

Let's see, the theory of a gravitational flux is now superceding Newton's Law of Gravity. The geometric interpretation of General Relativity is now being displaced by Lorentzian General Relativity ( a line of thought initiated by Richard Feynman). The Michelson - Morley "proof" that there was no light carrying medium has now been refuted.

Time marches on, damnit!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dan:
It was moved, as I recall, because it degenerated into a slanging match on all sides with no pretext at Science on anyone's part. Thus I sadly consigned it to limbo where all such childish behavior belongs.

Amaranth

P
OP Offline
P
If anyone has any further interest in my speculation regarding pyramidal shaped protons, etc., please refer to my website, www.nuclearpyramid.com - where you will find a complete description.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Rose: It didn't start out that way and if the moderators had kept it clean it would have stayed that way.

So what happened today? I went to the other side and posted some actual serious science articles.

Thud!

That should tell you something about what you've created here. A place where serious science is ignored in place of claims like the one above that the periodic table is incorrect, that all of the currently accepted and proven chemistry is incorrect, and that all of the facts that have been repeatedly proven related to s, p, d, and f orbitals is incorrect.

Every successful theory, proven repeatedly by various methodologies, has shown that ionic and covalent bonding is the stuff of chemistry. As a biologist you know this to be fact beyond reproach.

Thus ...
Rose ... this has nothing to do with origins.
Rose ... this has nothing to do with speculation.
Rose ... this has nothing to do with science.
Rose ... this is about giving a forum to promote wilfull disregard for fact and supporting the darkness of ignorance.

Knowing your background I find it hard to believe you are willing to associate with this and not raise your voice in protest. I can't believe that you are not affended by scienceagogo, as it now is. I can't believe you are willing to turn a blind eye to the quality of what this has become. Trident would be proud.

DA Morgan
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dan,
There have been repeated attempts to post scientific articles of probable general interest. I have posted several articles in the past weeks that I thought would be of general interest, and gotten not one response to them. I've not deleted anything you've posted and I haven't seen you posting anything new. Mike has posted an interesting (to me at least) article on methanogenesis by green plant, a discovery I find rather rivetting in view of it's implications for global warming and plant metabolism overall. I wonder what pathway would lead to the generation of methane in green plants. The article did not speculated on that. It's an exciting article to me, and I hope others comment on it. But sadly most of the comments will be banal and mundane, with no links to potentially informative sites to shed some light on the methanogenic pathway(s) in green plants. I too wish for the heights, but it seems the majority of the forum wants to go the low road. I'm editing as tight as I can without stripping the forum.

If you have a complaint about a specific posting, please feel free to bring it to my attention using the "Report Post" function at the bottom of each post. I will get an email and I will look into it posthaste.

Amaranth

R
R
With respect, DA, it appears that you are less worried about the Origins board and those who frequent it than you are concerned by the fact that nobody is clamouring to engage with your threads. In an effort to avoid conflict with Mr. DA Morgan perhaps it?s not the ?serious? science that people are ignoring.

Maybe you should remake that bed you?re laying in?

J
J
I wouldn't be so concerned about getting no responses to the posts both of you started. I read all of the articles Amaranth brought attention, too. And also, the recent one by DA.
I'm learning a lot on this site and I appreciate those posts. I just didn't happen to post a reply.
I really found it interesting and somewhat disgusting that the consequence of photographing the giant squid in it's natural habitat was that the camera men accidentally mutated the poor thing and ripped off one of his tenticles. It made enough of an impression on me that I discussed it a few days later with my son.
And I have experience with the parvo virus and found the article on the wolf pups very sad because I've nursed puppies through it before.
So don't worry....keep posting!!!!!!

~Justine~
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks, Justine, for your feedback. I was beginning to think no one read anything I posted.

Cheers,

Amaranth

B
B
Amaranth - I hope you are not swayed and bullied by Morgan. I have yet to read an original thought by him.

R
RM Offline
Superstar
Superstar
R
"...and the others that wonder what type of substance is boiling over in a simple little lab experiment. Take a spin through some of the other postings and you will see what I mean."

I assume this is a reference to a link I posted. In my defence, I have only had a basic secondary-school (high-school) education in chemistry as I didn't take any science subjects in College (which I have been in for less than a year). Science is my greatest interest which is why I come to this site. The reason I took no science subjects when I like them so much (in case you are wondering) is that they won't help to achieve my career-aim in any way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perhaps you should try and work in some science courses. It might do you some good, you never know where it might lead you.

B
B
Hey Rob - I apologize if I came across a little harsh. I was trying to make a point in regards to others who have slammed Protonbon on his H3 hypothesis.

R
RM Offline
Superstar
Superstar
R
"You never know where it might lead you."

Sorry Amaranth, but there's nothing in the world that can deter me from the path I have chosen career-wise. But I promise to fund scientific research in the future. smile

I do read a lot of science books and watch a lot of documentaries. The problem with doing this is that it is all so general. You never get any specific detail.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.