Nice Mike:

I said I did not like the idea. I did not challenge any bodies qualifications.

There are differences in the stone work used in the GP. The outer coating was a fine white kind of limestone. The "casing" stone to which he refers could very well be of a completely different source, manufactured or not. The article offered by DA deals with interior blocks in the main to support the idea there was more precision available that way.

The casing stone was multi-faceted with a flat backside, a partially flat bottom with a potential projection to go over the edge of the suppporting block and intersect the casing stone below it. Admittedly the block need not have all the complex angles formed at first. The slanted surface making up the visual part is believed to have been scraped to contour in the construction process.

The point I guess is that you want me to understand how knowledgable the gentleman was. I am duly impressed. The mechanics are still a point to be considered. A complex mold, a very large object (the casing stones were uniformly larger than the interior stones), the need for a reason to pour large stones which then had to be manhandeled like all the other stones.

I have no personal prejudice against ideas that give the ancient Egyptians (or?) the ability to make very pure limestone castings. While we are at it what is so bad about aliens doing the job. Also, those deorite statutes may be castings as well; you can not carve them with copper tools.

I get your point Mike, more poohs?
jjw