G'day all,

This was a thread in the not quite science section but I think it involves hard science and even though it isn't as earth shattering as why bumble bees fly, it still has a scientific interest.

Samwick raises a really interesting point. You can find it at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Shower-curtain_effect

I can't experiment on this myself. I can't use a shower by myself and we don't have a curtain but I'm sure all shower curtains have not been replaced by now and the effect really can be quite annoying, especially, as I recall in hotel rooms. It seems to me, from personal observation, that the size of the room makes a big difference. The whole curtain will wrap around you if the bathroom is small enough such as a cheap hotel. It also seems to have a much stronger attraction to naked females than to men wink .

Surely an observational experiment can easily be devised to test Sam's hypothesis. It should be interesting. And I volunteer to view the video if he wishes to test the difference between the female and male form. Well at least the female trials. Maybe the experiment could see if more than one female form creates an even bigger effect. OK blatantly sexist but, hey, I'm human, and suffering from a spinal injury, can really do nothing except dream.

Regards

Richard

Sane=fits in. Unreasonable=world needs to fit to him. All Progress requires unreasonableness