Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
dehammer wrote:
"for my part, chemistry is too much about equations and i dont talk equations very well."

Yeah. Sort of like astronomy, math, meteorology, physics ... the stuff we call the sciences.
ive yet to see meteorlogist use equations to descipe the tempature or the amount of cloud cover. all ive seen is partially sunny, or wind at x speed, or x amount of rainfall in a certain area. those are not equations, they are simple numbers.

astronomers used coordiantes, not equations for the location of a star. they do use an equation for an orbit, but thats about all i know of that is actually an equation. Physics (unless you get into the higher levels, well beyound this forum) use names for the most part. ONLY a showoff uses forumlas in a sentence a lot. simple forumlas are one thing, but serious discuss of chemsitry requires high levels forumula in the discussion. low level discussion of formulas i can handle, but the higher ones lose me quickly.

discuss lasers and i can go for hours, but discuss the various type of connections between atoms like ive heard chemistry students do and i get lost very quickly.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.