"No, that isn't what I'm arguing. I'm arguing that there is a difference between a fact and a theory."

There is a difference between a fact and theory. They are not the same things. I have said so on numerous occasions. I have also stated (in other fora) on numerous occasions that theories do not graduate from theories into facts. What I *have* said is that facts and theories are not mutually exclusive.
The logic I am using is analgous to saying that even integers and perfect squares are not the same, BUT they are not mutually exclusive sets. There *IS* overlap.

The entire thread is somewhat moot, however, because the debate has been framed by lying creationists. While most scientists probably consider evolution a fact, and while I (who am not a scientists) consider it a fact, it is doubtful that there is any public K-12 school in the US that teaches it as a fact, much less an "unquestionable fact."

This is almost certainly a flat-out lie, perpetuated by creationists who are typically short on their scholarship.