Quote:
Originally posted by dov:
The only thing I can add from the past to the present words of wisdom by the above two of the three wise men is :

Roses are red
Violets are blueish
If it were'nt for X'mass
We'd've all been Jewish

Hope you all had a pleasant holiday
and wishing you all a good coming year...
Is this the best you can do? Quoting tatty little nursery rhymes? In a Science forum? You are misguided and maldirected.

As a minister I am dismayed at your abuse of the hospitality this site offers one and all, to wit, "Speak Science, and enter!". What you have done is the equivalent of walking into a person's home and throwing around the furniture. You made a bad first impression.

As a scientist I am disturbed at the misapplication of so much intellect and intelligence aimed toward knowing the unknowable aand solving the unsolveable, when there are so many plagues of mankind begging for research to find a cure, such as cancer or depression or fibromyalgia, that would benefit greatly from that energy and enthusiasm.

Finally, as a moderator at this site, I must take a stand that what you are selling is Religion, not Science. If you truly desire it, we can arrange to have your posts confined to some other dimension of this forum. Which of the nine circles of Hell do you prefer? The Abyss, the Void, Limbo, the Inferno? Or perhaps someone else may wish to offer a suggestion?

This can be done; it is within Kate's power. We are not here to debate about belief and religion. We are here to discuss and disseminate and promote Science. Take a lesson from the teacher you so earnestly profess to follow. Render unto Science what is of Science; render unto faith what is of faith.

And if I had to put down money on the question, I'd surely bet that Science and Research is going to find a cure for my Fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid Arthritis a darn sight faster than your faith will.

As Moderator, sincerely, please heed my kindly warning. This is a Science site, and those who love and respect it will keep it so. Speak Science, and you are welcome. Flaming will not be tolerated unless you're very sophisticated at it. Disrupt, insult, and abuse others and your tenure here will be foreshortened.

And a very happy holiday season to one and all.