Quote:
Originally posted by Chaoslillith:
That would make me laugh hysterically if Toyota purchased GM, all those rednecks would sure be pissed off. I wonder if the commercials where the new CEO of Ford is talking about working with Volvo to improve Ford's safety are shown in the deep South. Of course the CEO states that in doing this they are "putting the emphasis on American engineering". Everytime I see that commrcial I holler at the TV " THEN WHY ARE YOU TALKING TO VOLVO!!!"

Can't you just see Billy Jo Bob getting into a huff about that? "Wha..them people who make fureign yuppie mobiles?? Why good ole Amurican engineering don't need nothin' of that..."

Oh my....
First off, why is is that you assume that everyone that likes, and or drives GM and Fords are "red-necks?"
I'm from the north, the origin of American, New England, I drive GM's allways have and always will.
You have southern people driving Hondas and Hundias now, they also drive Dodge's down there, infact the dodge is the most popular truck ther now.
I'm not defending the "Souther Folk", but I'm also not bashing on him either.
For on I done not condem Ford talking with Vovlo, they bought out Jag, and with this they are just trying to expand their experiance, and safty so that more people will buy their cars, trucks, and vans.