Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:

But most of what is passed off as "new science" is the wild ranting of nut-cases who think that because they have an idea it somehow equates with being a theory which somehow equates with being science.

Ignorance of what science is, and the scientific method is rampant. If the shoe fits ... wear it.
I also agree wholeheartedly. There are too many cooks who think they suddenly have "the solution". Mostly these persons are easy to spot. They are usually not scientists who have published widely in science. Nevertheless, I still always give them the benefit of the doubt and read their theories and hypotheses with an open mind. I even did this with McCutcheon's book the socalled "Final Theory". It was easy in this case to point out why he is wrong scientifically without having to call him a nutcase. I will never reject ideas out of hand just because the scientific community has thought for years that certain scientific principles are sacrosant. As I have said before, that is the attitude of the bigot. By doing that one closes the door for a possible new paradigm shift; the latter is what science is all about.

I notice that both DA Morgan and Uncle Al are not willing to analyse and answer the concepts and questions that I have posted on this BB, but they keep on trying to classify me as a "nutcase" or by stating tha I am "clueless". Is this the way science operates when you are NOT ignorant? I wonder who are really ignorant of what science is, and what the scientific method is? The biggest culprits are those who have elevated the status of presently accepted scientific theories to religious dogma. I will NEVER do so, because I believe that we as human beings still have a lot to learn. This implies that our most "sacred theories" will most probably have to adapt to new experimental evidence. What I am proposing at present has come about owing to unexpected new experimental evidence which is reproducible and has been confirmed idependently. Not just confirmed but additional results are at present being measured, which will be published sometime this year.

So, DA Morgan and Uncle Al, please apply the scientific method you are supposedly advocating, when analysing new theories and results. Or are you not able to understand science and the scientific method at all? The progress of science relies on argument and counterargument, NOT on insulting other people, because their ideas in some way threaten your stability.