Originally Posted By: paul

1) I suppose the funnel shaped chest cavity is due to the
lower oxygen levels during the ice ages that they lived through.
they would have developed larger lungs.

Actually the funnel shaped chest cavity was the common configuration for all hominids prior to modern humans. And modern humans lived through the past 100,000 years at the same times as the Neanderthals, so if the Neanderthals had developed larger lungs due to "lower oxygen levels" then so would modern humans. In fact the oxygen levels weren't noticeably lower during the glaciations.

Originally Posted By: Paul
2) this image is missleading when it depicts the thigh bones
sloping inwards , the neanderthal thighs would be really
large and this is a clear sign of desired effect for a purpose
other than true science.
notice the straight line that can be drawn from the ankle
to the knee to the hip and then to the rib cage of the so called
modern human.

No the thighs had to be angled in because if they hadn't been then when walking the Neanderthals would have had to swing their body around the foot on the ground when walking, the way chimpanzees do. Modern human thighs also taper in to the knees, just not as much as the Neanderthals, because the hips are not as wide.

Originally Posted By: Paul
3) the neanderthal had a much larger brain cavity and a much
larger brain that fit inside the brain cavity , the modern
human didnt so its skull had to grow larger in order for its
brain to have a place to grow into.

Actually the Neanderthal brain wasn't "much" larger. There is a considerable overlap in the brain sizes, although on average the Neanderthal brain was larger. There is considerable discussion as to just what this means.

Here is a comparison of the skulls of the Neanderthal and modern humans. Note the significant difference between the shapes of the 2 skulls.

The pictures you included are at the far end of the normal development of human skulls. The second one is a picture of Andre the Giant, who was subject to unusual growth of his skeleton, so it is at the far edge of the normal distribution of skull shapes. I'm not sure about the other, but I suspect it is a similar situation. Notice that the 2 skulls shown in the pictures I have linked are typical of the 2 species, that is most individuals of either species would have skulls shaped much like those in the pictures.

Bill Gill
[/quote]

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.