It was Max Planck not Maxwell.

Haha no problems. There is another sting in the tail you won't like anyhow which I warned you about. I suspect it will be a bigger no go for you anyhow.

On the top graph is a black line to the right marked classical theory (5000K). That is the calculation of what the emission should look like if you use classical physics thermodynamics. If you accept the result then classical thermodynamics is wrong.

Historically this is the first result science accepts in it's modern framework that produces a result that is at odds with Classical physics. That is why I and anyone who has studied high level physics knows this background intimately as it marks the start of the death of classical physics.

That is what had me shaking my head when Bill G was claiming the process was classical.

So what you need to do is come up with a theory that produces that emission curve using only classical physics and you can change the whole of science. We don't have any other way to produce that emission curve (I exclude Bill G at this point as he hasn't published his answer) other than move into the modern framework and leave classical physics behind.

Does that make my expression scary close make sense now smile

So anyhow that I believe leaves us no more common ground, and I am outta here. I will leave you to discus this now with Bill G and his theory.

Good luck with it all.

Now for some constructive feedback is there anywhere in my discussion you feel I could have simplified it further and went into too much detail?

Last edited by Orac; 07/06/16 04:14 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.