Compare Planks blue graph 5000K to your graph at top of atmosphere yellow (so before the light goes into the atmosphere). Your graph actually has Plancks 5250 deg C calculation on it which is that black line. There is a couple of small differences and the reason for those is even known most of which is to do with the Corona. The photons have to pass thru it.

Plancks graph

Your graph of the suns emission you used

Anyhow that is the standard science answer for what it's worth, I don't think I can help beyond that you need to do your own studying.

Bill G clearly has some other idea for the curve shape which I have never heard so you might want to get his idea to see if there is any merit. He isn't talking to me so I can't help, I am always the bad boy smile

Same as I always say I am not here to convert you so take every argument on it's merit. I don't mind what you end up believing but I have given you the true scientific view which should match up to any science article you read and hopefully they make sense now.

Last edited by Orac; 07/05/16 05:49 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.