For a religious nutcase that is about the most intelligent statement made on the subject by you ... it almost makes sense except the whole probability bit went right over your head. The probability wasn't important it was something for SAM and his ping pong match.

There is one big error in your statement which I will fix, the CO2 molecule doesn't have to re-emit the photon, it can kinetically run into something else and change energy that way.

Remember ye old classic GOD physics where little gas molecules ran around colliding into each other and changing there energy.

For the record even a CO2 laser with a perfect setup does not obey 100% re-emission they make a lot of ... wait for it ... HEAT as the kinetic gas molecules smash into the glass. Almost all large CO2 lasers require a cooling jacket to deal with it.

So the CO2 molecule in the atmosphere may or may not re-emit the photon that is a case of wait for it .... probability.

Anyhow I will leave you two with it, I really have no intention of getting into ye old GOD physics with you in another stupid pointless discussion.

Last edited by Orac; 06/29/16 05:12 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.