ROFL in this day an age getting hold of enough explosive to keep your power plant going would be interesting smile

Whilst your patent is funny it doesn't go close to the funniest I have seen to generate electricity which was lodged by Boeing
http://www.google.com/patents/US9068562

In the middle of the engine is a fusion chamber, the lasers focused on a single point which contains a pellet containing a mix of deuterium and tritium. The pellet is vapourized and implodes and causes the hydrogen atoms to fuse. The fusion causes a massive displacement of hot particles and including fast neutrons. Don't worry however you are shielded as a passenger by a casing of uranium-238 in the engine to stop them killing the passengers.

Ignoring how you replace the pellet and cycle the the thing this sucker ejects radioactivity (in the form of plutonium) from those particles hitting the shield and if it ever crashed you would have your own ready made dirty bomb. Now that would take some beating for most stupid patented ideas.

Can I suggest mentos and diet coke as a safer alternative laugh

Last edited by Orac; 11/17/15 12:56 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.