Originally Posted By: Bill S.
What's the difference between "impossible" and "completely and utterly impossible"?

Well lets see Sabine said it's impossible then she goes on

Quote:
It is worth noting that all of this is true only in very large systems, with a large number of constituents. This is always the case for daily life experience. But if a system is small enough, it is indeed possible for entropy to decrease every once in a while just by chance. So you can ‘unmix’ very small patches of dough.

So perhaps you need to take the issue up with HER. The impossible part is a correct statement the adjustment after is complete garbage and so I guess I have to put "completely and utterly" because obviously impossible is not absolute with her.

As I said she does my head in she gets some very complicate things correct but then completely botches basic things any undergrad would get right. It's like she read or got told the impossible bit but it never sunk in they really really mean it. The garbage after is all her you won't find it in anywhere else.

Last edited by Orac; 11/15/15 06:28 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.