[Ellis]
Quote:
Hi Rev--- I just dropped by and I see the Philosophy of Religions is still going strong!!!

That's amazing.....

Yes! And please take note: There are now 2,361 responses & 9,861,602 hits, and all despite the cynicism and jealousy of TT.

Ellis, thanks for dropping by. I realize that you are not a fan of organized religion, especially of the dogmatic and fanatic variety; but keep in mind, neither am I.

Also keep in mind:
1. It is a huge subject with so many different denominations that it is impossible to keep track of them.

2. All my life, I have approached the phenomenon which we call religion as a serious student looking for answers.

I approach it:
(a) philosophically--what can we learn form studying it that is interesting and worth knowing?
(b) psychologically--how does it affect our behaviour and emotions?) and
(c) pneumatologically--how does it encourage us to use our WILLpower and, Spiritually speaking, be morally strong enough to keep the Golden Rule, be of service to self and others, so that empowered by LOVE--St. John's definition of GOD together work on making the world a better and more Loving place in which to live?

FOR THE THEOLOGY BEHIND ALL THIS, check out the following. It is in a thread that I have in www.wondercafe2.ca

G~O~D~The Gift of Oneness & Delight. It Generates Organizes & Delivers: The good we Will to have.
=========================================================

http://wondercafe2.ca/index.php?threads/...st-a-joke.1605/

Last edited by Revlgking; 06/17/15 11:09 PM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org