Quote:
Right, and of course the movement of the water depends on the head pressure. With a zero head pressure, represented by your example of the perfectly level pipe, there is no flow. The greater the pressure difference between the entry to the pipe and the exit from the pipe the greater the flow rate, and the more power there is available.

Now your sounding like the nutty professor did ...

my example is 100 miles but it has a 100 ft water head elevation at one end.

that 100 ft elevation = 43.3 psi pressure

that 43.3 psi pressure is also present at the 100 mile
end of the pipe if the pipe is capped.

Quote:
And I suspect that you are taking his statements way out of context. There won't be any flow through a perfectly level 100 mile pipeline if the water level of the source is not higher than the water level of the sink.

I suppose your thinking that the end of the pipe has a upturned elbow attached to it , but it doesnt , its open.
is this where I pictured myself walking up the 10 ft diameter
water pipe to the point where the water could flow no further and saw the wall of water just standing there and so I put
my finger into it?

no one has said exactly where the point would be where the water would no longer flow inside the level pipe , perhaps I should hire a taxi for the trip?

also , would you please stop acting like you have solved an issue by dictating the end of the discussion when the end is no where in sight.

I'm going to say that I dont think you are stupid.
I actually think you are a pretty smart fellow.

Please dont make me feel as if I have you figured wrongly ..

I'm certain that you can agree that a 100 mile long
10 ft diameter pipe that has a 100 ft tall upturn at one end and a open at the other end would allow for water to flow through it.

and

if a ample supply of water is fed into the upturn end of the pipe then the 100 mile long pipe would not present enough resistance to fluid flow inside the pipe to completely block the flow of water and even if the pipe were to become completely filled with flowing water the 10 foot diameter pipes resistance to flow would not ever in your wildest dreams be capable of stopping the flow of water or even lessening the flow no more than 10 - 20 percent of the area of the cross section of the pipe.

and

if turbines were placed inside the 100 mile long pipe they would also not stop the flow of water through the pipe , even if you placed a turbine evey 10 feet inside the 100 mile long pipe (52,800 turbines), they would only slow the flow of water through the pipe.

after all if the 100 mile long pipe and the 100 ft tall upturn were filled with gravel and water were fed into the upturn the water would still have little problem finding its way through the 100 mile long pipe and exit the pipe.

your not stupid.

BTW if the 10 ft diameter pipe is determined to reduce the flow rate too much , then FR = AV settles the issue , just use a bigger pipe and voila problem solved !!!

flow rate = area x velocity

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.