I have been tracking the weather on and around the UK recently because I read an article about a vortex that is supposedly going to lower the temps in the UK this winter , I must admit the weather patterns are weird in the UK as some areas have temps below surrounding areas , my only guess is that down drafts and possibly bowls are causing these areas to have lower temp's than the surrounding areas.

I'm using google earth and noaa weather buoy data along with wind speed and direction , water temperature and air temps at the buoys ... a vortex is there and the temps seem to be above to normal temps as of yesterday ... there appears to be another vortex moving eastward towards the UK however and that vortex may be the one that is supposed to lock in the cooler temperatures.

I'm looking through my minds eye and I cant see any large degree of colder weather this winter in the UK , my reasoning is that the water temperatures that surround the UK would warm the air above the water and this warmth will keep the UK warmer...

Bill S , you live in Essex would you say that the temps have been warmer than normal so far this winter?

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.