Galileo experiment redone

1.) No-one is saying the ball and feather are not moving they are simply saying it isn't "falling" as that is defined by layman or more specifically Newtonian physics.

How do you define “falling”?

2.) Lets assume there is no such thing as gravity and the earth does not spin. If the experiment was done on the forward facing part of earth which was being accelerated at 9.81m/s would the result be any different? Think about what happens to you when you accelerate a car.

It is my understanding that relativity tells us that any acceleration will influence the outcome, whereas uniform motion, relative to any given object will not.

3.) Could you pick the situation 2 from the newtonian belief that a force is pulling you down?

If by pick you mean distinguish, the answer must be “No”.

4.) Given all the above how do you tell if you are being accelerated towards the centre of the earth as opposed to being dragged down by some force and there in lies your problem?

I see no way I could make that distinction. If I pick up a stone, then drop it, does it fall to earth? If not, I return to my earlier question: “How do you define falling?”

There never was nothing.