TT, it seems, metaphorically speaking, still loves to throw immoral, divisive and spit-ball-like rhetorical questions, eh? SAD!

But the good news is:
1. such questions are short and sweet. smile
2. it is obvious that TT and many people are taking time to read the good stuff. Look at all those hits!
3. and I can always rely on the ignore-button to avoid reading the long-winded and tedious stuff. smile Now go pick up all those spit-balls! BTW, the coach wants to have a word with you, ASAP! I will pipe you into his office with a whistle whistle and a chuckle laugh
===========
THE GOAL I HAVE ALWAYS HAD IN MIND

Sure it always feels better to get a pat on the back rather than a kick in the head, or knife in the heart.

But, since my student days, my goal has NOT been that of getting pats on the back and other credits.

The goal I have always had in mind is similar to that of the main goal of the United Church of Canada, which has as its motto THAT ALL MAY BE ONE--John 17:21 (Jesus) --the bringing together of all people in the loving service of GOD, OTHERS AND SELF-a unitheism not to be confused with militant theism; and certainly not militant atheism

Regarding my use of the acronym, G~Õ~D, or even GOD. I even appreciate the Jewish writers who use the sacred word, 'G-d'.

Recently, it occurred to me that this acronym fits well with the non-theistic kind of thinking of Progressive Christians, of Buddhism, in its many forms, and with philosophers like professor Stanley Krippner, who has written, approvingly of the idea, to me.

And even with Islam, which is strongly opposed to idolatry, to gods or a 'God', as existing--in any way shape or form.

Not long ago, a Muslim iman, a professor, who spoke at our church liked the idea so much that he affirmed that, with my blessing, he would like to use it.

Of course I was happy to tell him to go ahead. And that he did not need my blessing.

THE GOAL OF PHILOSOPHY, SCIENCE & ART
MODERATORS, and anyone, do not all who ask us to love knowledge, wisdom, beauty and truth talk about the unification of all fields in the service of the highest good?

Last edited by Revlgking; 04/19/14 10:54 PM. Reason: Always helpful

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org