Originally Posted By: Revlgking

The acronym G~Õ~D is simply a short way of thinking, writing and speaking of the Great-Omni-Dazzlement (flash of light) that Generates Organizes & Delivers, especially that which is Good, Optimistic and Desirable to all of us--who WILL and choose to follow the principle of the GOLDEN RULE.

Speaking of the Golden rule and that which is measured as good desirable and optimistic...

"If you get attacked by an older bully, it is not wrong for you to use whatever you find--a stick, a rock, whatever ... to defend yourself.

Depending on the personal interpretation of an ensuing attack.. I see that when determined by your standards of "Goodness" that when interpreting said "threat" and you feel that you are being intimidated, you feel it is G~Õ~D-like to use whatever means it takes to retaliate in order to achieve the solution you described as
when the best one wins and you are ready to shake hands.
Who determines who is best, and what is won when taking the perception of a threat into violence? Does the winner of the violent altercation ensure the argument will not repeat itself to where the person feeling attacked resorts to whatever extreme measure to retaliate or is the theory to win thru changing the others beliefs and experiences to achieve total submission?
The Bible speaks of turning the other cheek. Obviously your interpretations of being G~Õ~D-like doesn't prescribe to that particular passage but more to the one of the "Eye for an Eye" kinda thing, or along the lines of taking revenge.
Part of that old Crusade mentality to force the perceivable threat into submission and compliance in behavior and action, based on the measure of who or what is better or more G~Õ~D-like?
I can see you still cling to that past life thing when you were part of the ruling class known as the Pharisees and Sadducees two thousand years ago.

This brings again into the conversation your interpretations of what is inclusive or exclusive to your G~Õ~D.

Being that you follow the golden rule of doing unto others with a rock or a stick or whatever is available to best another, I assume you have no qualms about another, who in their interpretation (when alone), make the assumption that you have attacked their character or their person with intent to commit harm.

I assume you would accept that the better man would achieve the results of besting the other, and then possibly (if the man is still conscious or alive) afterwards offer his hand (to the man overcome by violence) the promise of friendship.. crazy

Perhaps if you were to use a club, or a rock or any object to the extent of knocking the other unconscious, he or she might experience your G~Õ~D as a flash of Great-Omni-dazzling light! wink

Last edited by Tutor Turtle; 04/16/14 06:38 PM. Reason: G~Õ~D made me do it

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!