I really do thank G~Õ~D! that for Christmas 2012, my wife, Jean gave me the book, THE UNIVERSE WITHIN--From Quantum to Cosmos, by NEIL TUROK

Turok, a provocative and inspiring writer, teaches at The University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Recently, on the CBC, I heard him speak. Excellent! He covered topics--and very simply explained for those of us who love reading such ideas--about which I have been reading all my life.

The Universe Within--WHAT A TITLE! Please take note of how Sir Roger Penrose, author of The Road to Reality calls, describes this amazing book:
Quote:
"An elegant, informative and sometimes moving account, free from technicalities, of the powerful scientific, philosophical and humanitarian influences underlying the personal drives of this highly distinguished mathematical physicist. I strongly recommend it."

It was this book that inspired me to concoct the acronym and neo-logism above. For the full story, check out:

http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/episodes/massey-...niverse-within/

The acronym G~Õ~D is simply a short way of thinking, writing and speaking of the Great-Omni-Dazzlement (flash of light) that Generates Organizes & Delivers, especially that which is Good, Optimistic and Desirable to all of us--who WILL and choose to follow the principle of the GOLDEN RULE.

WHAT BANGED? is the title Neil gives chapter three--59 pages--of his great book. Later I will try to summarize some of what he says in answer to the ?

In my opinion, the term BIG bang--a silly joke first proposed by astronomer, Fred Hoyle (an atheist) was, and is, a misnomer.

BIG bang was, I have read, never used by Abbe Georges Lemaitre, the Belgian priest who, in 1927, first proposed the idea of an expanding universe.

ORAC and other science writers here, especially any astronomers & physicists: I hope you will comment on this.

Last edited by Revlgking; 04/16/14 05:52 PM. Reason: Always helpful

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org