Originally Posted By: Bill S.
Pete, I’m guessing, but I think the point might be the juxtaposition of:

“If there were two electrons in the microscope at the same time, such interference might happen.”

and “When accumulated, however, interference fringes are formed. Please recall that at any one instant there was at most one electron in the microscope.”

It becomes difficult to construe these statements as saying anything other than that a single electron passes on both sides at the same time, which must surely suggest being in two places at once.

It has to be acknowledged that:

“These interference fringes are formed only when electron waves pass through on both sides of the electron biprism at the same time but nothing other than this.”

introduces another facet which allows “bilocation” to be undertaken by electron waves. However, the fact that the author stresses “that at any one instant there was at most one electron in the microscope” does tend to suggest that he is at least hinting at the idea of an electron being in two places at once.

I see. I missed something when I read it the first time. I don't understand this comment - Interference fringes are produced only when two electrons pass through both sides of the electron biprism simultaneously. This is different than Young's double slit experiment with photons.