That's not an experiment anyone can do ... I am not even going to bother arguing it. I know whats wrong with it but you wont listen lets stick to experiments scientists and if necessary you can do and test.

SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE IT IS BAD IN SCIENCE YOU ARE AVOIDING A PROBLEM TO YOUR THEORY.

The problem you are bringing is the bulb emits in 3D and we can't have sensors everywhere. So stay with a laser which travels in a nice straight line.

If have misunderstood your home experiment then that's fine we can come back to it.

I NEED TO GET RID OF THE INVERSE SQUARE PROBLEM BECAUSE IT MAKES ANY EXPERIMENT HARD ... I HAVE GIVEN YOU A SUGGESTION

It shouldn't change anything in your problem but means I can measure at one point and one point only I don't have to try and cover an entire 3D sphere with measurements and it removes the inverse square problem .. happy with that?

So we have a laser beam and it's power is simply the brightness in its cross sectional area. The beam will widen slightly as it travels distance it always does but for most usable distance you can ignore it.

If you agree with all that ... no more talk of inverse square law and stay with the laser beam.

So according to you the laser power will change depending if it is going with the movement or against it .. correct?

I am avoiding hypotheticals lets stick to facts we can check.

Last edited by Orac; 11/01/13 05:13 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.