Never heard of Kripke until now.

Whenever the mind becomes set in its approach, any modality outside of the familiar can become annoying.
Depending on the individual ego, the obsessive compulsive orientation of self prescribed methods scramble to force the unfamiliar into the familiar, rather than stepping easily into another paradigm.

The ego is a construct of consciousness built to relate to a physical world. It (ego) sees itself as self-conscious action, and attempts to separate itself from action and considers action as an object.
When ego expands (into higher states of conscious awareness), it retains its specialized self-consciousness, but experiences itself as an identity within and as a part of action.

Instead of fighting it, it has become one with it in the experience of union.
The biblical reference "I and my Father are One" comes from this state of expanded awareness, where Jesus spoke of his union with the Father or Universal mind.

You call it a belief. That is what religion does with it. Religion is a belief system.

Without direct experience of anything, all concepts followed are only a belief at the surface level of the mind.

I live within the experience of something that is bigger than a me. You and everyone else who has argued with me wants it defined. It never will be defined within any terms. You can only point toward concepts, that point toward something that is beyond definition, and/or you can experience and describe what you experience. Generally speaking those that do not know what you speak of don't understand what they themselves do not experience.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!