You're far kinder than I - having had many negative encounters with the press* I generally assume that this kind of BS reporting is a mix of ignorance and laziness on the part of the reporter. Accurately describing what Pikaia is, is not very hard. Calling it a worm is plain wrong. In fact, reporting that it was falsely identified as a worm would be far more accurate than what that article stated.

* In 2002 I was credited with 'curing' HIV (I actually showed a conventional drug could help restore some of the residual immunodeficiency treated HIV patients experience) and later (2005-ish) claimed that I said HepA was an autoimmune disorder - despite giving them a point-form set of notes that said:

• Inflammation of the liver is often caused by infections of viruses such as the Hepatitis A virus

These days I generally refuse to talk to the media unless they agree - in writing - to let me fact check their story before publication. Which means I rarely talk to the media anymore. Who wants to let facts get in the way of a good story?

Bryan

Last edited by ImagingGeek; 03/14/13 02:23 PM.

UAA...CAUGCUAUGAUGGAACGAACAAUUAUGGAA