Ok, I was just watching John Carter of Mars on the SYFY channel. I didn't watch the whole thing I didn't care for it that much. But one thing that really got my attention was right at the start. John Carter has been seriously wounded and is dying. But a man shows up and tells him that he is being sent to Mars. But the way it works is that they have a complete description of John that will be transmitted to Mars to recreate him when he gets there. The big kicker for me is that they have the description in 16 Gigabytes of memory. I'm afraid somebody got that wrong. I doubt if they could get a complete description of a body into 16 Terabytes of memory. The amount of information required to describe a human body is going to be enormous. It would have to include a complete description of the location of every cell in relation to all of its neighbors and all of the nerve connections in the brain. There are around 100 billion neurons in the brain. The number of interconnections between them is much larger.

Of course there were a lot of other problems with the transmission, but that was the one that jumped up and grabbed me.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.