Originally Posted By: Revlgking
Kyra, thanks for your comment about the value of being positive and altruistic.

I must be psychic
Originally Posted By: Revlgking

Interestingly, I just finished spending much of the evening listening to the news of what is happening at the convention to nominate the next president of the USA. http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2012/?hpt=hp_c2

LOTS OF INTERESTING AND POSITIVE COMMENTS
In his nomination speech for Barak Obamma, former president, Bill Clinton spoke for 48 minutes. In it he summed up his feeling about the difference between the Republicans and the Democrats. Here is one of his comments: "The Republicans tell Americans: Fellow Americans, you are on your own...; the messages from the Democrats is: Fellow Americans, we are in it, together ... We are here to solve our problems by being constructive and cooperative with one another."
And you bought it?

Idealism goes along way. That and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee.

Kinda like the Christians being throw to the lions. I'm sure they were positive God would take care of them. Maybe so but they were ripped to shreds anyway.
So obviously God had a plan that was other than the human ideal. Seems to perpetuate itself even in politics. Regardless of who claims the best image, neither of them shine on after the elections when someone decides to complain about what they don't like.
Even if you decide to be positive about lining up at the food bank, (that at least your eating) all memories of having a home to live in and having lost it to the ripple effect of a government that spends more money protecting oil interests than preserving industry on it's own soil and feeding its hungry, kinda outweighs the positive aspects of Government advertising the idea of "We being in this together."
Government Politicians like Senators and Presidents don't live under the same rules that they push onto the voters that put them into office. We really don't have a government that is for or OF the people, who are in this country. Unless you are one of those special interest idealists, with an agenda.

Right Rev? Even you have a history of taking a situation and pointing fingers at what you don't accept as part of the G~O~D (Good orderly and desirable). Obviously you don't see G~O~D in everything and everything as part of the whole.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!